Author Topic: Health Update  (Read 5290 times)

Offline kuhncw

Re: Health Update
« Reply #30 on: October 27, 2018, 12:07:00 AM »
Chuck,

I'm very sorry to hear this.  Your projects have always been interesting and such an asset to the forums.  My favorite is your little green horizontal twin cylinder compressed air engine that looks (and sounds) so much like an old John Deere D engine.

Best regards,

Chuck Kuhn

Offline cfellows

• Rest In Peace
« Reply #31 on: October 27, 2018, 05:33:37 AM »
Thank you, all, for you kind and thoughtful words.  For now I'm feeling pretty normal as my body continues to recover from my last chemo treatment 4 weeks ago and I'm not yet feeling any effects from the cancer.   Many of my latest model engines will go to my two sons along with my lathe, mill, and other metal working tools.  They are both makers, one in electronics/computers and the other in woodworking and RC vehicles.  They are both anxious to get into metal working and I'm glad I can supply them with the tools they'll need.

I'll continue posting on the forum as long as I'm able.

Chuck
So many projects, so little time...

Offline gbritnell

« Reply #32 on: October 27, 2018, 11:49:25 AM »
His Chuck,
At a time like this one never knows what to say. We who have been around for many years have encountered this disease through family members or friends. My deepest heartfelt thoughts go with you at this time. Although I have benefited from so many of your projects the one that will always bring you to mind is cutting helical gears. It's almost like I try to design an engine using them because they are so neat.
If there is a silver lining to your situation it's that your sons will be carrying on your legacy through their interests and can say that they learned from one of the best.
Take care my friend.
George D. Britnell

Talent unshared is talent wasted.

Offline Tjark

• Woldendorp, Netherlands
« Reply #33 on: October 27, 2018, 12:47:42 PM »
Chuck this is very sad news.
Hope you can enjoy the days you have left with family and without pain.
I always have learned from your tips and projects.
You will always remember by me for that.

Tjark.

Offline steamer

• Global Moderator
  • Central Massachusetts, USA
« Reply #34 on: October 27, 2018, 01:31:00 PM »
Chuck, Though I've never had the opportunity to shake your hand,  I've known you a very long time now, and it saddens me deeply to hear this.   I have always admired and respected you for your intellect, and gentle manner.   I will continue to do so.   Please enjoy the forum, and I salute your courage and candor over the last 31/2 years.   

Your Friend,

Dave   
"Mister M'Andrew, don't you think steam spoils romance at sea?"
Damned ijjit!

Offline Art K

• Madison, Wisconsin USA
« Reply #35 on: October 27, 2018, 04:24:06 PM »
Chuck,
Many good things have been said, I would like to echo them. Thanks for your contributions to us here in the forum. I lost both my parents to one form of cancer or another. This time in life comes to each of us but, we usually want it later than sooner. Your great tips and engine builds are enjoyed by all here. I'll be praying for you as time goes on.
Art
"The beautiful thing about learning is that no one can take it away from you" B.B. King

Offline Johnmcc69

• Erie Pa., USA
« Reply #36 on: October 28, 2018, 01:53:04 AM »
Chuck, I'm truly saddened to hear this news. I read this a couple of days ago but couldn't think of what to say about it.

It was you that got me into this model engineering community the first time I saw your flat four air motor & then the Cirrus V8. I (like the rest) have always looked forward to the posts by "CFELLOWS") you are truly an inspiration with your engine, tooling, & all your other posts.

Keep the posts coming Chuck.... when you can...& please take care.

John

Offline 10KPete

• Nordland, WA, USA
« Reply #37 on: October 28, 2018, 02:58:46 AM »
I can only wish and pray that you can enjoy life for as long as it makes sense. Like John, I just haven't known what to say the last few days. You have been an inspiration and more.

I was going to do a 'build log' about this but never did. But here is one of the things you posted about that, when I finished it, has made a really big difference in milling operations. I simple adapted the work that BogStandard started and you continued:

Best wishes,
Pete
Craftsman, Tinkerer, Curious Person.
Retired, finally!
SB 10K lathe, Benchmaster mill. And stuff.

Offline Pete49

• top of the gulf SA, Gateway to the Flinders Ranges
« Reply #38 on: October 28, 2018, 03:00:08 AM »
Bugger! Sorry to hear that Chuck, I was hoping you had it beat. Having lost a young brother to cancer I have some idea what you and your family going through. Make the most of what is left to you and may we meet on the other side one day.
Pete
I used to have a friend.....but the rope broke and he ran away :(....Good news everybody I have another friend...I used chain this time :)

Offline Trevorc

« Reply #39 on: October 28, 2018, 05:35:01 PM »
Hi Chuck, i am fairly new to the forum so havent gotten to know you well.
I am very sorry to hear your sad news. I admire the courage you are showing in facing your challenge.
I hope your final days can be made pain free.
God bless you.
Trevorc

Offline Doc

• USA ND
« Reply #40 on: October 28, 2018, 08:40:56 PM »
Chuck there are no words that can describe how I sorry I feel right now. I've had a few friends that have faced what you are may the Lord be with you and remember you will be missed.

Offline Craig DeShong

• Raleigh, NC. USA
« Reply #41 on: October 29, 2018, 02:04:39 AM »
Chuck
Just saw this thread.  This news saddens me.  I was introduced to your work by George Britnell only a short time ago when he steered me to your helical gear cutting fixture.  Following your drawings I was able to make a gear cutting fixture and cut the helical gears for a project that has currently taken a back seat but will receive attention again soon.  I really appreciate the expertise you have brought to this hobby.  The loss of your your knowledge and experience will leave a hole that will be hard to fill.  I wish I could have met you and knew you better.

Sincerely

Craig
« Last Edit: October 29, 2018, 02:37:22 AM by Craig DeShong »
Craig
The destination motivates us toward excellence, the journey entertains us, and along the way we meet so many interesting people.

Offline Mayhugh1

« Reply #42 on: October 29, 2018, 06:45:50 AM »
Chuck,
I Just came across this thread and am very saddened by the terrible news. Please let me know if Mary or I can be of any help.
Terry

Offline Dreeves

« Reply #43 on: October 31, 2018, 04:19:12 PM »
Chuck,  so sorry to hear this news.  You were one of the first people I reached out to when I joined for info on your John Deere Engine.  You have been a great ambassador to this hobby. Always willing to assist with knowledge.  Know your legacy will live with me every time I run one of you air engines I’ve built.

Dave Reeves

Offline dalem9

« Reply #44 on: October 31, 2018, 07:40:52 PM »
So Sorry to hear ! You have been a great help to all here anytime when needed.  You will be missed . My GOD bless you in that great toolshop in the heavens!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal