Author Topic: Health Update  (Read 5291 times)

toolznthings

Re: Health Update
« Reply #15 on: October 26, 2018, 12:50:06 AM »
As all above have said, I can only add best wishes and God Bless.

Brian

Offline Brian Rupnow

• Barrie, Ontario Canada
« Reply #16 on: October 26, 2018, 01:27:56 AM »
Chuck--we all learned from you and respected you. I am sorry for your bad news.---Brian

Offline jeff l

« Reply #17 on: October 26, 2018, 03:53:22 AM »
Chuck , So sorry to hear that your cancer is back , I too have been battling this disease for over three year now so I know what you are going through , may God bless you and your family .
Although we never met I enjoyed your builds .Jeff

Offline rudydubya

• Western Arkansas USA
« Reply #18 on: October 26, 2018, 07:18:49 AM »
Chuck, extremely sad news.  I appreciate you letting us know.  Best wishes to you and your family.

Rudy

Online Twizseven

« Reply #19 on: October 26, 2018, 09:28:56 AM »
Chuck,

So sorry to hear this news.  I have thoroughly enjoyed reading about your various builds and the Arduino Dividing Head in particular.

Your build will be a reference source for many of us for a long time.

Best Wishes,

Colin

Offline Andy

• Hitchin, Herts, Uk
« Reply #20 on: October 26, 2018, 10:20:56 AM »
Very sorry to hear this news. I hope you get to enjoy your remaining time doing some of the things you want to do. So sad.

Offline RayW

« Reply #21 on: October 26, 2018, 12:00:39 PM »
Dear Chuck,
So sorry to hear this news. You have been an inspiration to many of us aspiring model makers and your legacy will live on.

Ray
Ray

Offline MJM460

• Melbourne, Australia
« Reply #22 on: October 26, 2018, 12:18:24 PM »
Hi Chuck, I am so sad to hear that news.

Your work and knowledge is known to the far corners of the earth through your posts on this forum.   They are helpful to us all, and will always be worth reading again for the gems they contain.

Your courage in facing this cancer has also been an inspiration to us everywhere.

You and your family will be in my thoughts and prayers in the months ahead.

MJM460
The more I learn, the more I find that I still have to learn!

Offline ShopShoe

• Central Iowa, Central USA
« Reply #23 on: October 26, 2018, 01:49:02 PM »
Chuck,

I'm so sorry to hear the news.

Your work was some of the first that I really started noticing when I got involved in this hobby and on these forums. I especially appreciate all your work in solving little shop and tool problems as you built some very nice engines. I have several of your tool buiilds on my "round tuit" list, as well as the many mental notes I have made of ways you approached problem solving in engine builds.

I will miss your projects, but I hope to see some more posts from you as long as you feel up to it.

It is sad to contemplate what our little part of the world will be like with your absence. I hope to avoid the past tense in thinking and talking, but I envision you somewhere in modelers' heaven providing advice and encouragement to everyone. My fantasy is that perhaps Cfellows will be listed in some other-worldly build list of something like a 16-cylinder side shaft built on a Rong-Fu modified for 5-axis cnc. (Chuckle).

Best of the Best to You,

ShopShoe

Offline Flyboy Jim

• Independence, Oregon
« Reply #24 on: October 26, 2018, 03:18:01 PM »
Chuck,

This is sad news indeed. I was aware that you've been dealing with cancer for some time now and was always hoping that you would beat it completely. As folks have said, you're contributions here on MEM will be missed. Even more so will be your upfront and up-beat attitude you have in dealing with this horrible disease and situation. Your bravery and attitude certainly provides a wonderful blueprint for the rest of us to aspire to when that inevitable time comes.

Take care, Jim
Sherline 4400 Lathe
Sherline 5400 Mill
"You can do small things on big machines, but you can do small things on small machines".

Offline galland

« Reply #25 on: October 26, 2018, 04:07:12 PM »
Chuck,   I will always think of you as a former fellow Iowan who grew up not to far from where I did in south western Iowa. I just wish I could have met you and shook your hand. You were also the person who helped me post my first photo's on here since I am not very computer savvy. For over 10 years now it has always been a treat to log on and see that CHUCK  FELLOWS has started a new project or has a new idea on how to do something. I have truly loved all your work and especially your unique air powered engines. I do think of you as a good friend. I wish you and your wife the very best. Thank you for everything.     Gary K.

Offline J.L.

• Rest In Peace
« Reply #26 on: October 26, 2018, 07:54:14 PM »
Chuck,
Going down the same road, I am saddened by your news.
Your contributions to this forum will be missed but remembered.
John

Offline kvom

« Reply #27 on: October 26, 2018, 09:09:34 PM »
What everyone else said.  We'll all go there eventually but it always seems too soon.   :(

Offline pgp001

• West Yorkshire - UK
« Reply #28 on: October 26, 2018, 09:24:09 PM »
Very sad to hear your news Chuck. It comes to us all eventually one way or another I am afraid, but it does seem cruel.

On a brighter note my wife had a scan three weeks ago, and has just had the good news today that her cancer has not spread since having an affected kidney removed a year ago.

Phil

Offline bent

• Wet side of Washington State, USA
« Reply #29 on: October 26, 2018, 10:23:13 PM »
Sorry to hear this.   You've left a fair legacy here on this forum.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal