Author Topic: Health Update  (Read 5299 times)

Offline cfellows

• Rest In Peace
Health Update
« on: October 25, 2018, 08:12:42 PM »
It looks like the Maudslay model steam engine I recently completed will be my Swan's Song.  I got word last week that my cancer is back and I've exhausted all treatment options.  My oncologist tells me I have a few months left.  I've been fighting this battle for 3 1/2 years, so I was more or less prepared for the news. 

My two son's are coming to Austin in a couple of weeks to collect all my tools, so I won't be doing any more projects.  I'll have to get my machining fix from this forum and youtube.   :) Thanks to all of you for you friendship and support.

Chuck

So many projects, so little time...

Offline Admiral_dk

• Søften - Denmark
Re: Health Update
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2018, 08:27:36 PM »
Dear Chuck

I can't find any nice things to say about that damned decease or what it does to people or their loved ones ....

But I can thank you for your fantastic input and builds on this forum  :praise2: and confirm that you went with a "bang" (the Maudslay model steam engine). I'm sure you will be remembered, and that your builds here will continue to inspire long into the future. Thank you very much my Internet friend and I really hope that your last days here will not be too bad, all things considered.

Best wishes

Per

Online Jo

• Administrator
  • Hampshire, england.
« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2018, 08:54:14 PM »
 :(

Chuck best wishes from both of us .. Any further help you can provide the forum members to enable our model engine building will be greatly appreciated. Do you have any model engine building challenges that you think we, the forum members, should try to solve?

Jo & Surus 

P.S. Thankfully Surus, when extracted, was proven not to be as cancerous as he was originally was thought to be :paranoia: I do wonder about his casting fascination  :thinking:
« Last Edit: October 26, 2018, 08:17:07 AM by Jo »
Enjoyment is more important than achievement.

Online ozzie46

« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2018, 08:57:24 PM »
Best wishes Chuck and I will be keeping you and your family in my prayers. God Bless.

Ron

Offline Dave Otto

• Boise, Idaho USA
    • Photo Bucket
« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2018, 09:03:08 PM »
So sorry to hear this Chuck, I glad that I was able to meet you at the GEARS show some years ago.
I will miss you and your contributions here on MEM 

Dave

Offline Maryak

• Rest In Peace
  • Aldinga Beach South Australia
« Reply #5 on: October 25, 2018, 09:20:10 PM »
Hi Chuck,

Sorry to read that the cancer is back and there are no further treatment options.

I am on the same pathway but a little earlier in the timeline so I have some idea of what you have been through and are facing.

Thank you for your contributions to our hobby from the early days of HMEM through to today.

I sincerely hope the final part of your journey will be as comfortable as possible.

Kindest Regards
Bob
Если вы у Тетушки были яйца, она была бы Дядюшкой

Online sco

« Reply #6 on: October 25, 2018, 09:25:22 PM »
Chuck,

I'm so sad to hear this - my thoughts are with you and your family.

Simon.
Ars longa, vita brevis.

Offline b.lindsey

• Global Moderator
  • Dallas, NC, USA
    • Workbench-Miniatures
« Reply #7 on: October 25, 2018, 10:10:29 PM »
Chuck, this is sad news, certainly for you and your family, but for all of us here that have benefitted (and will continue to) from your substantial contributions to this and other forums. As others have said, you are in my thoughts and prayers.

Bill

Offline Ye-Ole Steam Dude

• Deep East Texas on Sam Rayburn Lake
« Reply #8 on: October 25, 2018, 10:10:30 PM »
Hello Chuck,

So very sad to read this news. You are an inspiration to all of us here on the forum.

Thomas
Thomas

Offline Vixen

• Hampshire UK
« Reply #9 on: October 25, 2018, 10:54:02 PM »
Hello Chuck
We have never met but I think of you as my friend, thanks to the MEM forum.
All I can do is to wish you the strength and courage to face the next few months.
We will miss you. Your fortitude has been an inspiration to those of us following the same path.
Mike
It is the journey that matters, not the destination

Sometimes, it can be a long and winding road

Offline zeeprogrammer

• West Chester, PA, USA
« Reply #10 on: October 25, 2018, 11:18:47 PM »
Very sad news. You were one of the early members that helped me when I started this hobby and you make this forum an enjoyable place to visit. As sad d by others...you are an inspiration.
Carl (aka Zee) Will sometimes respond to 'hey' but never 'hey you'.
"To work. To work."
Zee-Another Thread Trasher.

Offline crueby

• Rochester NY
« Reply #11 on: October 25, 2018, 11:25:43 PM »
Same here, I have learned a lot from you, and still go back to your builds frim time to time.

:Love:

Offline Don1966

• Columbia, MS
« Reply #12 on: October 26, 2018, 12:16:16 AM »
Chuck i have no words but to express my sincere sorrow. You will be missed and I thank you for all the inspiration you have given to me and others. I learned a lot from you and you have always been one of my hero’s. Thank you from the bottom of my heart for what you have taught me and others.

Don  :cheers:

Offline gerritv

• St Catharines, ON
« Reply #13 on: October 26, 2018, 12:28:55 AM »
Very sad to hear this news. Your contributions will continue to live on and remind us of your shared knowledge and skills.

Gerrit
Don't confuse activity with progress

Online Kim

• Global Moderator
  • Portland, Oregon, USA
« Reply #14 on: October 26, 2018, 12:37:21 AM »
Chuck,
I'm so sorry to hear the news that your cancer is back.  I can't even begin to imagine what you are going through right now.
Please know that my thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.

Thank you for all that you have done to make this forum a wonderful place to grow and learn in our hobby.
Kim

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal