Author Topic: Health Update  (Read 5292 times)

Offline Jim K 324

• Morgan Ciy, La. ( On the Atchafalaya River)
Re: Health Update
« Reply #45 on: November 01, 2018, 03:13:26 PM »

Best wishes and God Bless Chuck , your work and
        knowledge has inspired many on this forum .Thank
        you for that ,it has been great to have known you
        through this forum.

Jim
It's not what you make,It's how you make it that
matters !!

Offline cfellows

• Rest In Peace
« Reply #46 on: November 02, 2018, 06:30:24 PM »
Thanks again, everyone for the warm thoughts and comments.  So far, I'm not feeling any of the cancer's effects other than tiredness.  Also, the effects of my final chemo treatment are disappearing so I'm feeling reasonably good. 

Chuck
So many projects, so little time...

Online steamer

• Global Moderator
  • Central Massachusetts, USA
« Reply #47 on: November 02, 2018, 06:53:34 PM »
Good to hear Chuck!....
"Mister M'Andrew, don't you think steam spoils romance at sea?"
Damned ijjit!

Offline b.lindsey

• Global Moderator
  • Dallas, NC, USA
    • Workbench-Miniatures
« Reply #48 on: November 02, 2018, 06:54:19 PM »
Let's hope that continues for as long as possible!!

Bill

Offline Laurentic

• Nr Yeovil, Somerset, England
« Reply #49 on: November 02, 2018, 09:56:31 PM »
Chuck, I don't know you but I know of you and have admired your work and respected your comments on here and learned a lot.  Whenever I saw a 'cfellows' post I sit up and take notice - you are that well respected. 

Having lost both parents to the big C plus 2 relatives I can relate to what you and your family are going through, you all have our deepest sympathy and best wishes,

Chris

Offline AdeV

• Administrator
« Reply #50 on: November 15, 2018, 10:49:20 PM »
Chuck,

I don't post here often enough, and everyone's already said anything I could have said - and probably better than I'd have said it too. I will think of you often. You were one of the very first posters here (after the Great HMEM Debacle of 2012), and I see you've posted some wonderful stuff. I probably haven't said "Thank you" for your input, which all helps to make this forum the great place that it is.

So, all I can say is: A heartfelt Thank You, for your posts, for your awesome skills, and for letting us come along for the ride. Your work here will never be forgotten - people will be reading your posts and marvelling at your creations for years to come. There's not many people on this planet who get to leave that kind of legacy.

Now, in the mean time, hang in there you old bugger...

All the best,
Ade.
Cheers,
Ade
--
I'm just a poor old man. I have no time for law-breakers. My legs are grey. My ears are gnarled. My eyes are old and bent.

Offline awJCKDup

• Central Indiana
« Reply #51 on: November 15, 2018, 11:11:22 PM »
Chuck, I don't post often, but I do lurk here daily. Reading Ade's post I agree that I couldn't say anything different or say it any better, that said I have read everything you've posted with pleasure,  so THANK YOU very much for your time and effort, its not a small task to document a build and we have all benefitted from your efforts. Thank you again

John

Offline Hugh Currin

• Box Elder, SD, USA
    • www.currin.us
« Reply #52 on: November 16, 2018, 02:46:45 AM »
Chuck:

We're traveling so I haven't seen the forum for some time. I'm saddened to find this thread. Don't know what to say but what is above. I do want to thank you for your contributions to the forum and the hobby. I've always looked forward to your posts, always a fresh way to view things. I'll now look forward to future posts even more. Thank you.

Hugh
Hugh

Offline Ramon Wilson

• Suffolk in the UK
« Reply #53 on: November 16, 2018, 08:28:20 AM »
Chuck - My friend Chris told me about your situation but like Hugh I have just seen this thread for the first time. I have read it from end to end and, like Hugh, could not possibly add anything further to the kind appreciative words so far said by so many.

My thanks for what you have given to this forum, I have followed most of your posting over the years and not least the Maudsley engine which proved a fine example of your skills and knowledge.

I hope you are as pain free as possible in coming days and hope you can bless us with a few more posts as yet

Best Regards - Tug
"I ain't here for the long time but I am here for a good time"
(a very apt phrase - thanks to a well meaning MEM friend)

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal