The Showcase > Vehicles & Models

Steam Tractor 3/4" (Rudy K)

(1/6) > >>

Kim:
I’ve now completed the final assembly of my version of Rudy Kouhoupt’s  3/4" Steam Tractor model.  I’m quite happy with how it’s turned out.

This all started a little over 3 years ago. And for completeness, here’s a link to the build log: http://www.modelenginemaker.com/index.php/topic,5264.0.html

It’s been a long road and I wouldn’t have been able to do it without all the support from the members of this forum! Thank you!

Following are a series of shots of the completed model.

And thank you again for all the help!
Kim

crueby:
What. A. Beauty!!!

:NotWorthy:

10KPete:
Wow. This came up kinda suddenly; I guess I haven't been following as closely as I should have. Has it been three years???

That's a beautiful road loco!

Pete

Kim:
Thanks Chris & Pete!
Yeah, I made my first post on it in August of 2015.  That's a lot like 3 years!

I'm a little disappointed with the paint job.  It looks OK, but its not very durable.  The most gentle of rubbing and the paint will come off.  You can see it in lots of places in the above pictures. I've been quite careful, but you can see a glaring spot on one of the front wheels and in the tops of several of the rivets running down the left side (just to mention a few).

Ah well.  Not sure what I did wrong on the paint.  I did follow the manufacturer's instructions. Just thought it would be a little more durable than it's turning out to be.

Kim

Steamer5:
Very nice Kim!

Only seems like it was a month or two since you started!

Cheers Kerrin

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version