Author Topic: Invitational Show  (Read 4378 times)

Offline Tennessee Whiskey

• Springfield, Tennessee. USA
Invitational Show
« on: October 20, 2018, 08:41:35 PM »
After reading the “disappearing show” thread, I decided I would give serious consideration to something  Bill Lindsey and I have been kicking around for a while. I would like to start out with an “invitational model engine show” at my farm and shop, which is a thirty minute drive from Nashville Tennessee. By making it an “invitational” it will cut through a lot of red tape on my end. I really would like to start out with just like minded folks showing each other what they are proud of and answering questions about how they did what they did to be proud of it. I guess I would like the first one to be almost like a family reunion of model engineering, complete with food, drink, and entertainment. I’m just throwing this out here at the moment to see if anyone is remotely interested. And if it makes the least amount of difference, ol’ Cletus knows how to host a party  :naughty: :lolb:. Seriously, let me know how many might even be remotely interested.  Here’s the first draft of the ad poster provided by Stan.

Cletus

Online crueby

• Rochester NY
Re: Invitational Show
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2018, 08:49:26 PM »
That could rival Woodstock ...   :Jester:

Offline Brian Rupnow

• Barrie, Ontario Canada
« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2018, 09:15:19 PM »
If I come down to Nashville, can you get Dolly Parton to set on my knee?--Great looking poster!!-Brian

Offline b.lindsey

• Global Moderator
  • Dallas, NC, USA
    • Workbench-Miniatures
« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2018, 10:08:51 PM »
Love the poster Cletus. Got to get me a pair of them Starrett overalls though :Lol:

Bill

Offline gldavison

• Tarkio, Mo.
« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2018, 10:58:30 PM »
Guess I'll be the first to say i;m interested.. It's only 10 drive for me. Sounds like fun.

Gary
Gary
Windows 10 & 11, Alibre Design Pro V27, IntelliCADPro6, CamBam, Mach4, 3D Printers, Cetus, Anet ET5 X
15" South Bend, 10" Logan lathe, Grizzly square column mill, CNC router & Hot wire cutter. Lagun FTV-1 knee mill, Sherline mill & lathe

Online crueby

• Rochester NY
« Reply #5 on: October 20, 2018, 11:00:07 PM »
Love the poster Cletus. Got to get me a pair of them Starrett overalls though :Lol:

Bill
Very expensive, but the stitching is very accurate!   :Lol:

Offline gbritnell

« Reply #6 on: October 20, 2018, 11:06:07 PM »
Right off the bat it sounds good to me but I'll know for sure after the first of the year. Sounds like a lot of fun!
gbritnell
Talent unshared is talent wasted.

Offline Larry

• Atlanta, GA
« Reply #7 on: October 21, 2018, 05:28:20 AM »
Great way to celebrate our 61st Anniversary.

toolznthings

« Reply #8 on: October 21, 2018, 04:21:37 PM »
Certainly give it some  :thinking:

Offline Roger B

• Global Moderator
  • Switzerland
« Reply #9 on: October 21, 2018, 07:01:15 PM »
Interesting thought  :ThumbsUp:  :ThumbsUp: I would have to look at flights and what I could carry with me  :headscratch:
Best regards

Roger

Offline JC54

• Grantham, Lincolnshire, UK
« Reply #10 on: October 21, 2018, 09:48:18 PM »
Living in the UK sorry the old truck cannot make it that far but a great idea. We do the same here with old machinery buffs/modellers meeting up in local camping areas owned by a friendly  farmer and enjoy a chat, bonfire and a few brews!!!!!!/?????  :old: :DrinkPint:

When the Fun Stops,, Stop!

Offline RonGinger

• Boothbay Maine USA
    • Pleasant Cove Models
« Reply #11 on: October 21, 2018, 11:33:04 PM »
I just bought a couple tickets for this next Mega lottery, estimated to be $1.6 Billion. When I win that I can fly out to the show on my own jet.  :Jester:

More likely I will have to drive out in my Honda CR-v, but I would certainly consider coming, I love shows. I have only missed one NAMES and have been to every Cabin Fever. And I have a few cousins just a few more miles west of there that I have not visited for a while.

Online Vixen

• Hampshire UK
« Reply #12 on: October 22, 2018, 12:01:23 AM »
Hey Cletus,
If you can get Dolly Parton to attend, you will sure get a lot more guys turnings up.

Mike
It is the journey that matters, not the destination

Sometimes, it can be a long and winding road

Offline Brian Rupnow

• Barrie, Ontario Canada
« Reply #13 on: October 22, 2018, 01:42:52 AM »
Dolly and Cher are both past their "best before" label, but damn I love them women!! They are the same age as I am, and they have sort of "always been there" in my life. If Cletus can get them to come on down and help me set up, I'll bring down 20 or so of my machines.---Brian

Online crueby

• Rochester NY
« Reply #14 on: October 22, 2018, 02:18:23 AM »
And Cletus in a Dolly wig does NOT count!!   :o

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal