Author Topic: 3D Printed GWR Pannier Tank  (Read 1015 times)

Offline Chipswitheverything

Re: 3D Printed GWR Pannier Tank
« Reply #15 on: April 16, 2024, 08:46:59 AM »
Lovely looking model locomotive, another very fine model to display with the interesting collection of historic and characterful Gauge 3 loco models that you have been producing.  Dave

Offline AdeV

• Administrator
« Reply #16 on: April 17, 2024, 09:55:51 AM »
Close-up photographs always reveal even the tiniest imperfections on a model.... but I can't see any in those pictures - magnificent work!

Did GWR paint their handrails? That's about the only thing that looks a little odd to my eye, seems most locos (with separately fitted parts) have metal finish handrails - but I know little about the Great Way Round (am an LMS man myself  ;D).
Cheers,
Ade
--
I'm just a poor old man. I have no time for law-breakers. My legs are grey. My ears are gnarled. My eyes are old and bent.

Offline mikemill

« Reply #17 on: April 17, 2024, 11:20:39 AM »
Ade

As there are many versions of the panniers I think you will find both finishes are represented, unless you are trying to model a particular engine is a case of pot luck.

Mike

Offline AdeV

• Administrator
« Reply #18 on: Today at 09:48:02 AM »
As there are many versions of the panniers I think you will find both finishes are represented, unless you are trying to model a particular engine is a case of pot luck.

Makes sense - the railways did pretty much everything over time...

Anyway, you can always invoke Rule 1 ("I'll run what I want to run...") :D

It's a spectacular paint job BTW. Really really nice looking. I've got some N-scale stuff here that looks like it was literally dipped in the paint pot! Your finish looks every bit as good as a top notch ready-to-run loco.
Cheers,
Ade
--
I'm just a poor old man. I have no time for law-breakers. My legs are grey. My ears are gnarled. My eyes are old and bent.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal