Author Topic: FNG checking in. A little late though.  (Read 992 times)

Offline blkadder

FNG checking in. A little late though.
« on: October 15, 2018, 04:20:23 AM »
I signed up back in '15, but forgot about the site while doing other projects.  I have developed an interest in steam engines, still working on a total hand built one.  I also have a full size project, a 65 MGB that I have been working on since 94.  I have ha several interruptions with a large number of surgeries (spinal stuff) but I do try to keep busy.  Perhaps the only tinkering I can do that does not cause me too much pain is firearms.  Not just putting together parts, but getting a parts kit and turning it into a fully functioning weapon.

Anyway, I was an apprentice machinist back 30 or more years ago.  They laid all of us off for at least two years, so I joined the Marines figuring I would get back to it at the end of my enlistment.  Turns out a year after I enlisted, they closed the yard, bulldozed it and put up condos.  Well I don't think they were calling us back, so I just did my time in the Corps, stayed nine years  before i was injured.  Now, I am pretty much sitting home with far too many projects going on, and this place helps me try to get my projects in order and maybe finish one.  Anyway, thanks for letting me set up in here.  Semper Fi.

Offline Ye-Ole Steam Dude

• Deep East Texas on Sam Rayburn Lake
Re: FNG checking in. A little late though.
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2018, 09:56:23 AM »
Hello blkadder and welcome.

Have a great day,
Thomas
Thomas

Online Kim

• Global Moderator
  • Portland, Oregon, USA
« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2018, 10:45:08 AM »
Hi there blkadder,
Welcome to the forum!
Kim

Offline b.lindsey

• Global Moderator
  • Dallas, NC, USA
    • Workbench-Miniatures
« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2018, 01:06:11 PM »
Hi and welcome even though you have been here a while. Looking forward to seeing some of your projects here.

Bill

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal