General Category > Chatterbox

Junk yard find

(1/3) > >>

gldavison:
HP DesignJet 750 

Found this in the local salvage yard, for Free. It even had an almost full roll of paper on it.  In a cartridge alignment test, it only prints in cyan. So next I need to determine if the other cartridges are empty or plugged. Could also be in the carriage electrical wiring.
Does anyone out there happen to have the install CD for this printer, and be willing to copy the files?  It would be much appreciated. I could not find it on HP web site.
Appears it will work with Windows 7, if I can find out how to install the driver.
Gary

Jo:
The driver files for it are available here: https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/hp-designjet-700-printer-series/25252/model/12673

Jo

crueby:
If the nozzles on the printhead are clogged, old trick in the industry is to lay a damp paper towel on the nozzle plate to soak and loosen up the dried ink, especially if its the dye base ink (pigmented is tougher). Dont press down or rub it or you will damage the nozzle plate, they are very very thin and fragile.
The inkjet printers are usually sold way below cost, and they make up the loss by way overcharging you for a few ml's of ink (yes, I used to be a firmware engineer in that industry, the markups on ink are phenomenal).

gldavison:
I found the driver. The driver did not come with  install.exe, it only unzipped to one dll file. Thought there would be pdf file operators manual, but no.

Don1966:
Gary go to HPs web site and downloard the driver. I believe my plotter is a 750 but need to check it and I do have the drivers. I will check it tomorrow. My plotter is a 42 inch plotter. The printer heads on mine a bad and the cost is in the hundreds for new ones.

Don

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version