Author Topic: NOK AC8954-EOS Rotary shaft seal  (Read 1334 times)

Offline fumopuc

• Munich, Germany, EU
NOK AC8954-EOS Rotary shaft seal
« on: October 06, 2018, 03:31:44 PM »
Hi everbody, the  above mentioned lipp seal is used and specified in an imperial pump design.
I have tried to find any kind of information about the type or shape, but until now without success.
I do not need this seal, I would like to find a similar Metric Seal for an 8mm shaft.
Any kind of information could be very helpful.
Kind Regards
Achim

Offline Roger B

• Global Moderator
  • Switzerland
Re: NOK AC8954-EOS Rotary shaft seal
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2018, 03:53:25 PM »
Hi Achim,

Try these people. I am intending to get the 4 and 6mm seal for my water pump from them

https://www.kramp.com/shop-ch/de/1034555/2843865/0/Wellendichtringe+NBR+ohne+Feder

I was quoted CHF 3.60 for the 4mm seal
Best regards

Roger

Offline fumopuc

• Munich, Germany, EU
« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2018, 08:00:19 AM »
The pump I am talking about, is the D.Kelley Centrifugal Pump, shown in MEB magazin #14.
So I could imagine, the NOK radial shaft seal (lip seal) should be available in the US.
Does anybody know were I can find a catalog, technical description or drawing of this lip seal ?
In the MEB drawing is written "RUBBER LIP SEAL WITH GARTER SPRING" so I assume it will be the absolute common standard design, made from NBR.
Kind Regards
Achim

Offline Zephyrin

• near Paris, France
« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2018, 08:34:52 AM »
a picture of the seal here :
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Garter_spring

but there are many different profiles in this kind of seal, and IMHO any will do it.
Nothing to compare with a plain o-ring for their incredible efficiency on a rotating pump axle, hence the price, maybe !

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal