Supporting > Boilers

Just taken a gamble - bought a small boiler on ebay.

<< < (5/5)

Gas_mantle:
Thanks Stuart / Jo  :)

I take the point about it is going to be difficult to have the boiler tested without having the drawings or knowing it's history etc but I'm not too fussed about having a proper certificate as such but I'd like to ensure my own safety at modest pressures.  I'm guessing very simple Mamod / Jensen / Wilesco boilers run at maybe 20PSI so my gut feeling is this will be fine at say 30PSI.

I bought the boiler as a bit of a gamble thinking it could be the basis of a small steam plant but I didn't pay a lot so if the inspector says it's nothing more than scrap I'll just have to take it on the chin.

Assuming it's ok at say 30PSI I thought it would possibly power a Stuart 10V replica I'm building and the 3" Southworth  pump at modest speeds.

As for the pump I did consider an add on set of castings for the Stuart 10v but at £100 against the £40 for a Southworth I chose the latter. I realise it isn't going to be an easy build but they don't cost the earth so I thought I'd give it a try. I'll probably do a build log in the forum so I'm hopeful a few other members will offer a bit of advice  ;)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version