Supporting > Tooling & Machines

Mill Quill LED Light

(1/2) > >>

awhale:
I recently made one of these, and I have just noticed a topic written in 2013 which discusses making one on similar lines.
If you are interested in making one, check out my YouTube video...
[youtube1]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jcDvuT0Fn-M&lc=z22mex0pmqvmydxrb04t1aokgdpe5povxdizf1nocpsobk0h00410[/youtube1]

I appreciate that it might be everyones 'cup of tea' - but it works for me.
Cheers
Andrew

Ye-Ole Steam Dude:
Hello Andrew,

Outstanding idea, now I need to make one for my mill, thanks for sharing.

Have a great day,
Thomas

Gas_mantle:
I think its a great idea, having seen it in the flesh I can say it gives a great uniform spread of light.

Andrew gave me a ring lamp to make my own and it appeared to be too small for my mill so I offered to post it to friend but I've since realised it will fit so now have the task of saying he can't have it as I want to make my own  :pinkelephant:

Mosey:
I put one on my Clausing awhile back. It casts a dark shadow directly under the quill..right where the end mill touches the work. Took it off promptly.

Lew Hartswick:

--- Quote from: Mosey on October 01, 2018, 01:16:18 PM ---I put one on my Clausing awhile back. It casts a dark shadow directly under the quill..right where the end mill touches the work.

--- End quote ---
I was thinking that very thing. for any reasonably short tool the shadow will be right where you need the light.
   ...lew...

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version