Author Topic: new guy here.  (Read 3646 times)

Offline 110degV12

new guy here.
« on: September 27, 2018, 06:32:29 PM »
hi

simply put, I have a keen interest in engines, 1:1 petrol or rc glow engines and I have a small collection of glow engines.

I've been trying to get the v12 glow engines for years and iirc there are 2 guys who made it, 1 is a martin ohrndorf, german guy. I can't seem to remember who made the 2nd one.

Anyway, I was wondering if anyone bought the plans or engines from martin. I would love to hear from you. I can't seem to reach him on email?

Offline b.lindsey

• Global Moderator
  • Dallas, NC, USA
    • Workbench-Miniatures
Re: new guy here.
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2018, 06:55:02 PM »
Welcome to the forum. A quick google of his name turned up the following link:

https://www.engineman.de/en/products-page/plaene/plan-14-zylinder-sternmotor-duplicate/

It would appear that the plans can be ordered directly from that site in either English or German. Maybe I don't understand your question.

Bill

Offline Florian Eberhard

« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2018, 10:08:56 PM »
Hey

Is this the engine you are looking for:
http://shop.vth.de/url-key-395/url-key/motoren-dusen/12-zylinder-4-takt-v-motor.html ?

If so, there was another guy, called "Ralf Drendel" who also built one:
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VLH7P4WXhvQ" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VLH7P4WXhvQ</a>

Florian

Offline b.lindsey

• Global Moderator
  • Dallas, NC, USA
    • Workbench-Miniatures
« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2018, 12:37:29 AM »
Are you looking for a completed engine to purchase or to make one on your own?

Bill

Offline 110degV12

« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2018, 05:49:53 AM »
Welcome to the forum. A quick google of his name turned up the following link:

https://www.engineman.de/en/products-page/plaene/plan-14-zylinder-sternmotor-duplicate/

It would appear that the plans can be ordered directly from that site in either English or German. Maybe I don't understand your question.

Bill

i know about that site. I've tried to email him but he doesn't seem to reply. I am not sure why?

Offline 110degV12

« Reply #5 on: September 28, 2018, 05:52:19 AM »
Hey

Is this the engine you are looking for:
http://shop.vth.de/url-key-395/url-key/motoren-dusen/12-zylinder-4-takt-v-motor.html ?

If so, there was another guy, called "Ralf Drendel" who also built one:
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VLH7P4WXhvQ" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VLH7P4WXhvQ</a>

Florian

the first one is the one I found and talking about.

I've heard about the 2nd guy, artus motor and not really what Im looking for.

thanks

Offline 110degV12

« Reply #6 on: September 28, 2018, 05:54:54 AM »
Are you looking for a completed engine to purchase or to make one on your own?

Bill

Both. When you say "make my own" do you mean machine it on my own from blueprints created by someone else or do you mean purchase fabricated parts and I have to assemble it?

Offline Jo

• Administrator
  • Hampshire, england.
« Reply #7 on: September 28, 2018, 08:04:21 AM »
Both options are possible. Most of the members here work from drawings and machine the parts themselves, some use castings  ::) 

Jo
Enjoyment is more important than achievement.

Offline Stuart

• Tilchestune UK
« Reply #8 on: September 28, 2018, 08:15:28 AM »
To the OP

Have you tried to actually order the plans from the site?

If you pay by PP. or card you are covered if it goes south

Will be a very interesting build if you proceed although a complex one to boot

Anyway welcome don’t  worry we are a very helpful but a bit mad

My aim is for a accurate part with a good finish

Offline Jasonb

• Surrey, UK
« Reply #9 on: September 28, 2018, 08:25:02 AM »
I've ordered from VTH in the past without problem, just use Google Translate and it make it easy to follow.

There is a guy on ME forum who built a nice 2-stroke glow V12 and stuck a supercharger on it for good measure, video part way down this page

Offline 110degV12

« Reply #10 on: September 28, 2018, 12:47:53 PM »
Both options are possible. Most of the members here work from drawings and machine the parts themselves, some use castings  ::) 

Jo

I dont wish to sound lazy or something
but I live in an apartment, there's no space for my own rc cars, let alone a lathe/mill. 2nd, I don't have any engineering background unless I get some shops to do it for me and they will charge a newbie tax.

Offline Jo

• Administrator
  • Hampshire, england.
« Reply #11 on: September 28, 2018, 12:52:08 PM »
So you could join a club with a workshop and start learning or if you have very, very deep pockets you can go commercial and have the model of your choice made but their hourly rates are not cheap and many of the complicated models require thousand of hours of work.

If you want a pre-machined kit then there are a couple of companies that do them but their range of models is normally very limited  :-\

Jo
Enjoyment is more important than achievement.

Offline 110degV12

« Reply #12 on: September 28, 2018, 12:54:47 PM »
To the OP

HAHAH

it depends on what kind of mad. obsession type of mad, sure. But lunacy mad, maybe not

You mean the martin ohrndorf site? I wasn't keen on ordering the plans because I have to source for machine shops and the small things like bearings, etc will be difficult to find as the local shops always stock the usual sized bearings or common parts. Everything else has to be ordered and I might as well do it myself.

I am more keen on getting the parts because I will be heading to germany and the vat refunds is sizeable, but it's a 5200 euros and to be honest, I expect prompt replies. I'm not asking for red carpet treatment, but i've sent him emails in both english and german (thanks google translate) but there has been no reply. That's why I am trying to find people who have ordered parts from him to see to get insights from them

Offline Jasonb

• Surrey, UK
« Reply #13 on: September 28, 2018, 01:18:22 PM »
It looks like you will still need to make quite a lot of the smaller and turned parts for the engine even if you do buy all of the ready machined parts so cost would still be quite a lot more if you have to get these parts made by others. You will still have to source all the small fixings and bearings too

Offline Stuart

• Tilchestune UK
« Reply #14 on: September 28, 2018, 05:06:26 PM »
To the OP

HAHAH

it depends on what kind of mad. obsession type of mad, sure. But lunacy mad, maybe not

You mean the martin ohrndorf site? I wasn't keen on ordering the plans because I have to source for machine shops and the small things like bearings, etc will be difficult to find as the local shops always stock the usual sized bearings or common parts. Everything else has to be ordered and I might as well do it myself.

I am more keen on getting the parts because I will be heading to germany and the vat refunds is sizeable, but it's a 5200 euros and to be honest, I expect prompt replies. I'm not asking for red carpet treatment, but i've sent him emails in both english and german (thanks google translate) but there has been no reply. That's why I am trying to find people who have ordered parts from him to see to get insights from them

Sorry if I have offended you in anyway
My aim is for a accurate part with a good finish

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal