Author Topic: new member  (Read 1252 times)

Offline Rod

« on: September 29, 2018, 08:23:05 PM »
Hi , my name is Rod, I am a machinist and a home machinist. I was hoping someone can help me. I just purchased a Craftex CX701 lathe from Busy Bee. It was working great. It just stopped dead mid cut. RPM readout went blank. It does not turn on. Checked fuses. The read out did eventually come on but reads "0". I removed the rear panel and the switch panel. I checked all connections I could. Now the readout is blank and still no power to motor. Has anyone else had problems with this lathe? Any info would be great.

Offline AOG

Re: new member
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2018, 08:36:31 PM »
I’m pretty sure I have some bad news for you. Looking at the picture, that lathe has electronic speed control. If the fuse is good and you are getting a display, you probably smoked the FETs that control power to the motor. Your probably looking at a board repair or replacement. In any case welcome to the forum.

Tony

Offline b.lindsey

• Global Moderator
  • Dallas, NC, USA
    • Workbench-Miniatures
« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2018, 10:49:46 PM »
Hi and welcome Rod. I can't help with your issue, but if the lathe is new as I assume from your post, I would call Busy Bee first thing as it should be under warranty.

Bill

Offline Don1966

• Columbia, MS
« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2018, 11:00:26 PM »
Welcome Rod, you failed to mention if you checked the power your plugged into. If it’s good call the people you purchased it from. Make sure to check all fuses some may be hidden the control board does have one on it.

Don

Offline Rod

« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2018, 11:10:07 PM »
That is what I figured. I just want to be able to tell Busy Bee what to send me for the fix. It is under warranty but I don't want to take the lathe to them. I am going to try getting them to send me a new board and forward- reverse switch. They wont send someone to look at it. My power is good. I am running it on its own circuit and i check both fuses. I cant find any other fuses. Thanks for the input and looking forward to conversing about different projects with the group.

Offline Tin Falcon

• Down Jersey USA
« Reply #5 on: September 29, 2018, 11:38:32 PM »
Welcome to the forum .
As far as you lathe check voltage to the board . If you are getting voltage and the fuses are good sounds like you need a new board.
I had a lightning strike nearby like ten years ago . It took out the controller on the mini lathe ad mini mill. The rectifier diodes were burned out on both boards.  Fortunately the tech i worked with at the time was able to troubleshoot it and both boards were repaired for under $ 10. So test the switch first.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal