Author Topic: Forncett Model Engineers Day 2018  (Read 4784 times)

Offline Ramon Wilson

• Suffolk in the UK
Forncett Model Engineers Day 2018
« on: September 19, 2018, 12:43:43 PM »
Hi Guys - just a timely reminder that the annual get together at the Forncett Industrial Steam Museum is fast approaching. Sunday October the 7th with all the usual attendees and hopefully some new ones.

MEM Members Willy, Simon, usually Andrew (Jadge) and myself, will be exhibiting so if you do make it for the day do come and say hello.

The Museum is about 9 miles south of Norwich and will be open from around 9.30- 10.00. The usual traction engine run will take place as well as the running of engines, model and full size throughout the day.

Details of the museum are here http://www.forncettsteammuseum.co.uk/

Hope to see you there - if it's your first visit I'm pretty confident it won't be your last  ;)

Regards - Tug
"I ain't here for the long time but I am here for a good time"
(a very apt phrase - thanks to a well meaning MEM friend)

Offline jadge

• Cambridge, UK
Re: Forncett Model Engineers Day 2018
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2018, 11:06:59 PM »
It's rather strange this year with, ostensibly, a new organiser for the exhibitors part of the ME day. I sent my application form in over five weeks ago. I've never had a reply, or any sort of acknowledgement, despite a reminder email. Not sure what to do. I'm disinclined to make a 140 mile round trip on the off chance that space has been allocated to me.  :-\

Andrew

Offline Ramon Wilson

• Suffolk in the UK
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2018, 05:33:21 PM »
Just seen your reply Andrew.

Looked in here after getting a reminder from Forncett. I've sent Bill an email re your lack of response so hopefully you should hear. Like you though in the dark as to the new broom.

Hope to see you there - Tug

Addition - I thought I should add that that might sound as if I'm dissatisfied - I'm not. We all have differing ideas on how to organise and run things so I'm sure everything will be just fine under James's stewardship - we just have to see how it turns out on the day - one things for sure - I'll be in my usual spot :)
« Last Edit: September 27, 2018, 05:51:37 PM by Ramon »

Offline deltatango

• Melbourne, Australia
« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2018, 12:54:04 PM »
Wish I could be there. Maybe 2019??

Have fun!

David
Don't die wondering!

Offline jadge

• Cambridge, UK
« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2018, 01:25:32 PM »
Thanks for the reply Ramon. At least it's not just me; I was wondering if I'd been ignored as not being up to standard.  :'(

I understand the new organiser is young, so it could be my fault for using an old technology like email rather than FaceTwitGram, or whatever is flavour of the month at the moment. All I need is an acknowledgement that I'm expected, and have space allocated. On another forum Bill has made the comment that it's a nightmare for organisers when exhibitors just turn up unannounced; of course the reverse is also true.  :)

Andrew

Offline Ramon Wilson

• Suffolk in the UK
« Reply #5 on: September 28, 2018, 02:18:40 PM »
That might be a whole year away David but at the current 'time awareness syndrome' that will soon fly by ::)

I had an email from Bill this morning Andrew who had looked in here.  From what he says you should have some kind of confirmation coming. I can't guarantee it as I don't actually know but I'd make a pretty good guess that your usual space awaits  ;)

Hope to see you there - Tug

Offline jadge

• Cambridge, UK
« Reply #6 on: September 28, 2018, 03:45:00 PM »
Thanks Ramon, I must learn to be more patient.

I'd better get my rear in gear this weekend and plan out my table and write any "how I dun it" sheets, if needed.

Andrew

Offline steam guy willy

« Reply #7 on: October 03, 2018, 10:57:25 PM »
Forncett Exhibition in a few days ...Here is the poster for the event...looking forward to seeing everybody again  :)

Offline crueby

• Rochester NY
« Reply #8 on: October 04, 2018, 12:10:06 AM »
Wish it was closer to this side of the pond, have a great time, and take lots of pictures!

Offline jadge

• Cambridge, UK
« Reply #9 on: October 04, 2018, 07:53:27 AM »
Patience paid off! I finally got a sort of email acknowledgement that I was booked in a couple of days ago. So I've laid my display out on the sitting room floor, written my description sheets and added a couple of videos to the repertoire. Looks like the weather is going to be reasonable too.

Andrew

Offline Ramon Wilson

• Suffolk in the UK
« Reply #10 on: October 05, 2018, 04:33:58 PM »
Sorted :ThumbsUp:

Apart from Willy, Simon, Andrew and myself exhibiting is anyone else going as a visitor? Do come and say hello if so.

Rain is forecast for tomorrow which could make for a soggy car park but the sun is supposed to shine on the day - let's hope the first is light and the second is plenty

See you there :)

Tug

Online sco

« Reply #11 on: October 05, 2018, 04:45:33 PM »
See you all there on Sunday!

Simon.
Ars longa, vita brevis.

Offline Fowellbox

« Reply #12 on: October 05, 2018, 06:12:03 PM »
I'll be there on Sunday as an exhibitor and a visitor, and the best of it is that I'm staying there B&B!!
Brian

Online sco

« Reply #13 on: October 07, 2018, 07:57:51 PM »
Another fantastic day again at Forncett, few pictures below and a video (apologies if it gives you a crick in the neck).

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vPRjMAorliw" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vPRjMAorliw</a>

Simon.
Ars longa, vita brevis.

Online sco

« Reply #14 on: October 07, 2018, 07:58:59 PM »
Few more:

Ars longa, vita brevis.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal