Author Topic: Mach4 & PCID  (Read 1332 times)

Offline gldavison

• Tarkio, Mo.
Mach4 & PCID
« on: September 13, 2018, 09:25:44 PM »
Purchased and installed Mach4 a couple weeks ago.  Yesterday it came up in demo mode. Investigation showed the PCID had changed.

Question is why?? I thought the PCID could not be changed. Wrong thinking.

Nothing was changed on the computer after Mach installation.

Any thoughts on what changed it, and how to prevent it happening again.
Gary
Windows 10 & 11, Alibre Design Pro V27, IntelliCADPro6, CamBam, Mach4, 3D Printers, Cetus, Anet ET5 X
15" South Bend, 10" Logan lathe, Grizzly square column mill, CNC router & Hot wire cutter. Lagun FTV-1 knee mill, Sherline mill & lathe

Offline zeeprogrammer

• West Chester, PA, USA
Re: Mach4 & PCID
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2018, 10:00:50 PM »
All I found was the possibility of some kind of virus...I searched on Meltdown and Spectre.
I didn't go further to see what could be done.
Carl (aka Zee) Will sometimes respond to 'hey' but never 'hey you'.
"To work. To work."
Zee-Another Thread Trasher.

Offline Admiral_dk

• Søften - Denmark
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2018, 10:22:27 PM »
Since you bought and paid for the program - I would contact the support team at company if I where you - they should be able to help you quickly.

Best wishes

Per

Offline gldavison

• Tarkio, Mo.
« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2018, 11:48:14 PM »
I did, and they responded with a new license file. But no hint as to why this happened.
Gary
Windows 10 & 11, Alibre Design Pro V27, IntelliCADPro6, CamBam, Mach4, 3D Printers, Cetus, Anet ET5 X
15" South Bend, 10" Logan lathe, Grizzly square column mill, CNC router & Hot wire cutter. Lagun FTV-1 knee mill, Sherline mill & lathe

Offline RonGinger

• Boothbay Maine USA
    • Pleasant Cove Models
« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2018, 03:26:20 AM »
Any changes to hardware will change the PCID. New hardware, or removing hardware will do  it. Changing the MAC address of a network interface will do it.

What version of windows are you using? Win10 is likely to make changes after updates that can cause problems.

I have been running a win10 system for over a year and the PCID has never changed. But you did the right thing- call support and they will pretty quickly get you a new license.

ron

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal