Author Topic: 1898 Automobile A.K.A. horseless carriage  (Read 65728 times)

Offline Ye-Ole Steam Dude

• Deep East Texas on Sam Rayburn Lake
Re: 1898 Automobile A.K.A. horseless carriage
« Reply #285 on: January 28, 2019, 10:55:48 PM »
Hello everyone,

OK after a couple of weeks hiatus working on the Buggy, I have uploaded a new video showing the current condition and projects. There are several components that need to be built that will require welding from the bottom side of the Engine Frame. After I get all these items completed, I will remove the Engine, Transmission and Jackshaft and then remove the Engine Frame from the Chassis and turn it over for the completed welding process.

Have a great day,
Thomas

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oyAZqTR2ekE" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oyAZqTR2ekE</a>
Thomas

Offline b.lindsey

• Global Moderator
  • Dallas, NC, USA
    • Workbench-Miniatures
« Reply #286 on: January 28, 2019, 11:07:47 PM »
Great to see a new update Thomas. It's coming along well.

Bill

« Reply #287 on: January 28, 2019, 11:25:09 PM »
Great to see a new update Thomas. It's coming along well.

Bill

Hello Bill,

Sure will be glad to complete all this "underneath" stuff. I might go ahead and paint the Chassis while I have everything taken apart. Any last minute welds can be cleaned, primered and re-painted.

Have a great day,
Thomas
Thomas

Offline crueby

• Rochester NY
« Reply #288 on: January 28, 2019, 11:29:02 PM »
Pretty soon you will have to chain it to the wall to keep your shop elves (or Bill and I) from taking it for a spin down the hill!

:popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn:

« Reply #289 on: January 29, 2019, 12:09:42 AM »
Pretty soon you will have to chain it to the wall to keep your shop elves (or Bill and I) from taking it for a spin down the hill!

:popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn:

Hello Chris,

You, Bill and the other guys are always more than welcome to take it for a test drive :cartwheel:, however that would put you in line after me :ROFL: :ROFL:

Have a great day,
Thomas
Thomas

Offline b.lindsey

• Global Moderator
  • Dallas, NC, USA
    • Workbench-Miniatures
« Reply #290 on: January 29, 2019, 12:31:11 AM »
Well for the next few days Thomas, you may be one of the few warmer places in the country. A visit would be nice. To out upper Midwest folks and most of the east coast and Canadian members, please stay warm. This polar vortex thing is some serious cold air!! ( Insert frozen emoji here)

Bill

Offline crueby

• Rochester NY
« Reply #291 on: January 29, 2019, 12:49:14 AM »
Its a  present from Brian! Its heading for 6 below zero (F) here... Glad the shop is in the house rather than the garage!

Offline bent

• Wet side of Washington State, USA
« Reply #292 on: January 29, 2019, 07:38:39 PM »
It's been nice up here the past couple days.  Cold crisp nights and frosty, but warm and clear days - had the top down for my drive home last night.  Feel free to put the buggy on the train and bring it up, we can drive it around a bit here Thomas!

« Reply #293 on: January 29, 2019, 08:59:44 PM »
It's been nice up here the past couple days.  Cold crisp nights and frosty, but warm and clear days - had the top down for my drive home last night.  Feel free to put the buggy on the train and bring it up, we can drive it around a bit here Thomas!

Hello Bent,

I am not a cold weather person, anything below 70 is too cold for me. I did visit Seattle back in the 60's when I was working in South Dakota and the drive from Rapid City to Seattle was lovely. Not only being a lot younger, I wasn't smart enough to hate the cold back then, I'm a lot smarter now days... :Lol:

Have a great day,
Thomas
Thomas

Offline crueby

• Rochester NY
« Reply #294 on: January 29, 2019, 09:55:24 PM »

Hello Bent,

I am not a cold weather person, anything below 70 is too cold for me. I did visit Seattle back in the 60's when I was working in South Dakota and the drive from Rapid City to Seattle was lovely. Not only being a lot younger, I wasn't smart enough to hate the cold back then, I'm a lot smarter now days... :Lol:

Have a great day,
Thomas
Oh, you would hate it up here! And your head would explode if you moved way up north where Brian is!
We get about the same temperatures as you in the winter, as long as you move the decimal point....   :Jester:

« Reply #295 on: January 29, 2019, 10:28:54 PM »

Hello Bent,

Have a great day,
Thomas
Oh, you would hate it up here! And your head would explode if you moved way up north where Brian is!
We get about the same temperatures as you in the winter, as long as you move the decimal point....   :Jester:

Hello Chris,

Man that hurts me to just think about it. Yesterday on the local evening news they were showing folks up north with their snow blowing machines clearing their walks and driveways. Some looked to be waist deep on either side, man I am sorry if this comes out wrong....but that is just crazy.

I pruned some plants in my flower garden yesterday with a t-shirt and jeans. However the temp dropped 20 degrees here last night. Of course it will be much warmer in the morning. Love good ole East Texas :cartwheel:

Have a warm and great day,
Thomas
Thomas

Offline Kim

• Global Moderator
  • Portland, Oregon, USA
« Reply #296 on: January 29, 2019, 10:55:29 PM »
I pruned some plants in my flower garden yesterday with a t-shirt and jeans.

Thomas, I understand your dislike for the cold weather, but  I've never had any luck at pruning plants with a t-shirt.   :lolb:

But maybe that's because its not hot enough where I live  :Lol:

Kim

« Reply #297 on: January 29, 2019, 11:08:40 PM »
I pruned some plants in my flower garden yesterday with a t-shirt and jeans.

Thomas, I understand your dislike for the cold weather, but  I've never had any luck at pruning plants with a t-shirt.   :lolb:

But maybe that's because its not hot enough where I live  :Lol:

Kim

Hello Kim,

OK, the key that you missed was "and jeans" :headscratch:

Have a great day,
Thomas
Thomas

Offline MJM460

• Melbourne, Australia
« Reply #298 on: January 29, 2019, 11:54:22 PM »
Hi Thomas, probably not warm enough for you here either.  We haven’t exceeded 45 yet, but two days over 40 in the last week. 

Of course, that was C!

I would send some of it up to you guys in the north, but my thermodynamics text book seems to be missing the chapter on how to do it.

MJM460

The more I learn, the more I find that I still have to learn!

« Reply #299 on: January 30, 2019, 01:03:38 AM »
Hi Thomas, probably not warm enough for you here either.  We haven’t exceeded 45 yet, but two days over 40 in the last week. 

Of course, that was C!

I would send some of it up to you guys in the north, but my thermodynamics text book seems to be missing the chapter on how to do it.

MJM460

G'day MJM460,

You of course are enjoying the warmth of summer. When my old friend was still alive and living in Tasmania, I would dream of moving to the island during my winter time. Harry and I would talk on our Ham Radios almost every day and weather was always one of our main topics of discussions.

Enjoy you good weather and have a great day,
Thomas
Thomas

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal