Author Topic: Spark plug  (Read 863 times)

Offline Doc

• USA ND
Spark plug
« on: August 26, 2018, 06:29:37 PM »
Decided to make a few spark plugs. Making 8-48 plugs. Might set up the NC mill to turn the insulators again it worked so well the last time. I would quit breaking them I wouldn't need to make any more. They are a bit fragile and I've broke more than I'd like to admit to. Anyway decided to make some this morning had a couple insulators from the last run so I'll make a couple and then maybe set up the NC and whip out a couple dozen again.

Offline Vixen

• Hampshire UK
Re: Spark plug
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2018, 07:18:03 PM »
Hi Doc,

I would like to find out more about you spark plug making process. It sounds interesting and different. :ThumbsUp: :ThumbsUp:

What material do you use for the insulator?

How do you use your NC mill to turn the insulators?

Mike
It is the journey that matters, not the destination

Sometimes, it can be a long and winding road

Offline Doc

• USA ND
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2018, 08:33:39 PM »
 Ok when I start I'll try and put a build together. These are the plugs I used on my Little Demon V8 engines. I keep breaking them when I move the engines around. Like I said more times then I care to admit. But I use about the same process for most of my plugs. The insulator material I have been using is Corian it seems to hold up pretty good the only ones that have failed me so far are the ones I broke from my own stupidity. I need to order some .020 dia drills before I start I'm down to my last one.

Offline Vixen

• Hampshire UK
« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2018, 08:38:54 PM »
. The insulator material I have been using is Corian it seems to hold up pretty good

Thanks, it's always useful to see how other folk do these things   :ThumbsUp: :ThumbsUp:

Mike
It is the journey that matters, not the destination

Sometimes, it can be a long and winding road

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal