Author Topic: My shed  (Read 27986 times)

Offline peatoluser

• liverpool UK
Re: My shed
« Reply #15 on: October 16, 2012, 04:08:28 PM »
drooling that much over the laptop I nearly shorted it out!
did you wait until they made squatting illegal before posting?
otherwise you could have ended up with a bunch of model engineers claiming squatters rights!

now there's a question - what is the collective noun for a group of model engine makers? ...an intelligence? ...a precision?

yours in envy

peter

Offline Don1966

• Columbia, MS
« Reply #16 on: October 16, 2012, 05:05:32 PM »
Jo, can I claim you as my long lost sister, that way you can put me in your will. Drulling on this end also with envy.  :NotWorthy: looks like you just about have everything you need in there, but if you are like me you never hav enough tools.

Don

Offline Jo

• Administrator
  • Hampshire, england.
« Reply #17 on: October 16, 2012, 05:25:49 PM »
I guess the Harrison mill isn't much good for drilling as there's no quill feed? but not sure I have room for both!

The prazimat lathe looks similar to Ceriani? The mill looks similar to some of the sieg ones, as do Wabeco - I always wonder what Wabeco do to them to justify the x10 price?! Can you still buy Prazimat? How do you find it?

Nick

Yes, the Harrison mill is poor for drilling. The Prazimat was almost a clone of an old Emco lathe, the Prazimat mill has just become available gain for a very reasonable price, so I would not be surprised to see the lathe appear again.   Second hand Prazimat's turn up but make sure it is fully kitted because it has a DIN tapered nose. It is magic :pinkelephant: a professional lathe in miniature,it is more like the Colchester rather than the Myford C which was more of a hobby lathe).

Jo
Enjoyment is more important than achievement.

Offline Jo

• Administrator
  • Hampshire, england.
« Reply #18 on: October 16, 2012, 05:33:40 PM »
Jo, can I claim you as my long lost sister, that way you can put me in your will.

Don

There's a sore point, my sister if she inherited my stuff would probably have the entire workshop and models ditched :'(. We have different interests at best she will take notice of the note that says they are worth money and put them on Fleabay and convert them into cash. But I am as yet young (I keep telling myself this), and trust I will yet find something better to do with them, before the time comes.

Maybe being adopted would be an option ::) but they would have to be a  :LittleAngel: to put up with me, I am normally in my workshop.

Jo

Bogstandard

« Reply #19 on: October 16, 2012, 07:49:26 PM »
By the time all the model engineers have read this post Jo, you will be the most eligible bachelorette in the UK.

So beware of smooth talkers and ones wanting to take you out for a meal, the type who bring you a casting set instead of flowers and chocolates.

You then know they are only after one thing, your machinery, the metal ones that is, not the flesh. >:D

John

Offline old phart

« Reply #20 on: October 16, 2012, 08:31:35 PM »
If you don't try it, you will never know if you can do it. >:D

Say's it all I think!!

Kind regards,

Ron.

Offline NickG

• Global Moderator
« Reply #21 on: October 17, 2012, 06:34:41 PM »
Doesn't seem as though Jo is short of casting sets though John. So .... what sort of flowers and chocolates do you like?!  :Love:

Offline Jo

• Administrator
  • Hampshire, england.
« Reply #22 on: October 17, 2012, 06:43:05 PM »
Doesn't seem as though Jo is short of casting sets though John. So .... what sort of flowers and chocolates do you like?!  :Love:

Not short of casting sets :hellno:, next you will be trying to tell me that I don't need any more tools  :ShakeHead:.

Jo

Offline metalmudler

« Reply #23 on: January 09, 2013, 01:28:39 PM »
Great to see your setup Jo.Mindblowing!!  :o

the type who bring you a casting set instead of flowers and chocolates.

Hahahahahahaa...That is so darn funny :lolb:

It's not done, until it's DONE... Even then there is something else to do to it !..

Offline Jo

• Administrator
  • Hampshire, england.
« Reply #24 on: January 09, 2013, 01:56:00 PM »
But Paul, that is just the Mk 1 Shed, as you can see I am planning Mk 2  ;D http://www.modelenginemaker.com/index.php/topic,1198.0.html

Jo
« Last Edit: January 09, 2013, 08:02:11 PM by Jo »

Offline Jo

• Administrator
  • Hampshire, england.
« Reply #25 on: January 09, 2013, 07:36:43 PM »
I have had a request for further details about my modified tool holder on my Deckel SO cutter grinder:

the original tool holder took Deckel collets that you can see in the lower part of this picture, with one of the deckel collets. I have taken this out and replaced it with a simple sleeve of 3/4" O/D which has a grub screw in the end that I used to mount different sized collets:

The grub screw also clamps what ever is in the collet. With a simple click mounted in the hole on the tool slide:

you end up with a simple conversion that lets you mount end cutters and slot drills in the grinder for sharpening ;).

Jo

Offline Russell

« Reply #26 on: March 30, 2013, 07:22:20 AM »
When I was at school, I worked holidays in a small engineering works owned by our neighbour. For a pittance, I separated the product from the swarf and filled my fingers with splinters. I remember the day when the chief toolmaker had his old Harrison lathe turned over for a Colchester (Master I think). The whole works came to a stop to see the first cut taken off a steel bar. Oh what class it was. The works still exists run by the grandson of our neighbour and the Colchester is still there. The last Brit lathe they bought. It was Pakistani and Chinese from then on. The old Traub automatics are still running 50 years on. I see Colchester students coming up from time to time and am tempted through sentiment. I have just bought a 30 year old Chinese lathe (to accompany the ML7 and the Lantaine (Taiwanese). It is very big and I am looking forward to installing it.
Where was I? Oh yes. Old British lathes were so classy. Love your workshop. Long may you have fun in it.

Offline Jo

• Administrator
  • Hampshire, england.
« Reply #27 on: March 30, 2013, 09:04:22 AM »
 :hi: Russell,

Pleased you like my workshop. :embarassed:

Any chance of putting a quick introduction about yourself in the introduction section, thanks,

Jo

Online steamer

• Global Moderator
  • Central Massachusetts, USA
« Reply #28 on: March 30, 2013, 10:56:30 AM »
That grinder is very similar to my Gorton 265...

Dave
"Mister M'Andrew, don't you think steam spoils romance at sea?"
Damned ijjit!

Offline Jo

• Administrator
  • Hampshire, england.
« Reply #29 on: March 30, 2013, 04:13:05 PM »
 ;) I know and I have the instruction for mine.

Jo

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal