Author Topic: My shed  (Read 28020 times)

Offline kellswaterri

Re: My shed
« Reply #30 on: June 18, 2013, 02:36:18 PM »
Hi Jo,
          can you tell me the make of that anglepoisy bendy magnifyng thingy hanging over the Hobby lathe...I need one for the sherline, getting  :old: and my eyes start pointing in different directions  when looking at that shop of yours...will have to stop doing that.
                    All the best for now,
                                                 John.

Offline Jo

• Administrator
  • Hampshire, england.
« Reply #31 on: June 18, 2013, 03:24:07 PM »
Sorry John that is an ancient magnifier that I acquired from work that we used to use for PCD assembly: it is great :ThumbsUp: . I tried buying one of these http://www.chronos.ltd.uk/cgi-bin/sh000001.pl?WD=lamp&PN=Optical_Aids_and_Workshop_Lighting%2ehtml#a8609L but the magnification is not right and the two lumps on either side obscure your view.  (and the electronics gave in after 6 months that started the fluorescent :wallbang:)

The only magnifier that I have purchased recently has been from craftlight who visit our shows which is this one:  http://www.craftlights.co.uk/acatalog/Low_Vision_Magnifying_Lamps.html#a56 it is nice in that it is correctly focused but again it has that nasty wide boarder around the lamp. (They are normally £50 at the shows). They also do a nice bendy arm magnifier without the border that I was thinking I might pick one up of.

Jo
Enjoyment is more important than achievement.

Offline kellswaterri

« Reply #32 on: June 18, 2013, 03:29:54 PM »
Thanks Jo, and good luck at the show and do not falter...John.

Offline Jo

• Administrator
  • Hampshire, england.

Offline b.lindsey

• Global Moderator
  • Dallas, NC, USA
    • Workbench-Miniatures
« Reply #34 on: June 18, 2013, 03:49:38 PM »
Somebody is sure proud of that one Jo. I noticed it has two sizes of flourescent bulbs in it too, at least it appears that way...twice the number of spare bulbs to keep on hand.

For now I'll be sticking to the $9.95 Ikea lamps and the trusty magna-visor :)

Bill

Offline Jo

• Administrator
  • Hampshire, england.
« Reply #35 on: June 18, 2013, 03:56:51 PM »
She has three daylight bulbs in her: you notice if one goes down.
I must say she is my favourite magnifier and having seen that price I am still pleased I recovered her from being thrown out  ;D.

Jo

Offline kellswaterri

« Last Edit: June 18, 2013, 05:15:06 PM by kellswaterri »

Offline swood1

« Reply #37 on: March 05, 2015, 11:38:14 PM »
Hi Jo I am curious,

How did you get the big lathe in your shop? Also I have a BCA jig borer too, I have the mach3 model. Why do you like it so much?  I have made most my own tools for it, do you have a small dividing head for yours?

Steve

Offline Jo

• Administrator
  • Hampshire, england.
« Reply #38 on: March 06, 2015, 07:09:48 AM »
Hi Steve,

How to move the big Colchester? On 1" dia metal rollers, then using a pry bar to bump it into place. The same technique will be used for the additions I am hoping to add shortly  ;D

The BCA is a lovely machine, not as wonderful as Sexy you understand  :embarassed: but so much nicer than my Prazimat mill with its round column. Plenty of feel when I make things.

The dividing head I use on the BCA is a GHT dividing head. This is the second of my GHT dividing heads on Sexy:

I tried using a Cowells dividing head on the BCA but it was not a patch on the GHT head  :ShakeHead:.

Jo

Online Twizseven

« Reply #39 on: March 06, 2015, 05:30:04 PM »
Jo,

Do you not find the swarf sticks to the curtains :LittleDevil:

I also think Sexy looks forlorn sat there without any Bling on her.  I'm sure I can here her whispering DRO DRO DRO DRO all the way up here in the Midlands.

Colin

Offline Jo

• Administrator
  • Hampshire, england.
« Reply #40 on: March 06, 2015, 05:44:28 PM »
I also think Sexy looks forlorn sat there without any Bling on her.  I'm sure I can here her whispering DRO DRO DRO DRO all the way up here in the Midlands.

:facepalm: Someone who can't tell the sex of a Milling machine by looking at him.

Maybe you just aren't attracted to the same features as I am  :embarassed:

Jo

Online Twizseven

« Reply #41 on: March 06, 2015, 05:53:02 PM »
Oops

Offline swood1

« Reply #42 on: March 08, 2015, 11:20:05 AM »
Hi Jo,

Excuse my ignorance but is a GHT dividing head one you make from castings?

Steve

Offline Jo

• Administrator
  • Hampshire, england.
« Reply #43 on: March 08, 2015, 11:39:35 AM »
 ;) Yes. If you go to Sexy's thread http://www.modelenginemaker.com/index.php?topic=2775.msg76875#msg76875 you will find I detailed its construction.

Jo

Offline Jo

• Administrator
  • Hampshire, england.
« Reply #44 on: May 29, 2016, 03:57:05 PM »
 ::) My how time flies did I really start this thread in October 12  :o As things have changed in my little shed I thought I would provide a few new photos:

Last year I had Mr Silky move in with me  :embarassed: :

He pinched the slot where the Prazimat had been sitting by the window and has been relegated to the end of the bench while I decide if I am going to scrap it or not (the chucks and the DRO for spares are worth more to me than I would get for the lathe  :disappointed:). The assembly bench has lost the Hobbymat who is now a tax exile in Switerland  :) The Prazimat Mill again like the lathe has more value as a co-odinate drill and spare DRO head for the Harrison than I could get if I sold it  :-\

The Colchester and Union cutter grinder are still here but there is a nice  :headscratch: new Workshop gnome mansion gone up in the real estate behind the cutter grinder which also acts as the distribution box for the output of the three phase rotor converter that is hiding behind  ;)

The Harrison has kept its home in the corner but the middle of the workshop has sprouted this island bench for keeping my spare castings on  ;D

The BCA is still here but Tgs has move in where the Myford S7B used to be.

And he kicked the bench down to give him a bit more space  ::)

Out of the main workshop hides the smelly Delapena hone. On its right is an old mechanical hacksaw and further on a very sad looking shaper who has donated its box to Tgs for now.

Inside Sexy is at home in the corner.

He is custodian of my casting collection as is doing his best to hoard as many as I can acquire  8)

And his friend the house lathe  ;D

Jo
« Last Edit: May 29, 2016, 04:03:10 PM by Jo »

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal