Author Topic: Portable bandsaw table  (Read 2175 times)

Offline Myrickman

Portable bandsaw table
« on: May 14, 2016, 10:40:36 PM »
I dug into the mad money and got myself a portable bandsaw. I do so much stock cutting and the old shoulders just don't like it. The first project was to fab up a stand for it to do some serious cutting. The stand consists of 1" angle welded with 7014 stick. It took about an hour to cut all the pieces which, with the new saw,  was a treat to work with. I also bought a box of Starrett blades not knowing what quality blades it came with. The top is a piece of scrap 3/8 aluminum plate I had lying about.  Made a cardboard template to get the cutout right. The saw attached to the table with two 6 mm x 1 x 1" countersunk bolts to replace the cutting shoe. Appears to be sturdy enough as a mounting technique. The tops attaches to the frame with 10-32 countersunk screws. A tapered block holds the switch down. The only negative is the light which is on the wrong side for the way it cuts. Very pleased with the way it cuts. Even with the 5" throat, the blade tracks nicely through the cut.  I'll have to make a fence for it, but that will come later.

Online Dave Otto

• Boise, Idaho USA
    • Photo Bucket
Re: Portable bandsaw table
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2016, 01:00:01 AM »
Nice Job Paul,

That will be a useful addition to the shop.

Dave

Offline b.lindsey

• Global Moderator
  • Dallas, NC, USA
    • Workbench-Miniatures
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2016, 01:01:31 AM »
Nice looking table!  Would be interested so see how you mounted the saw to it though.

Bill

toolznthings

« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2016, 01:32:16 AM »
Hi,

Nice idea and it came out great ! Very useful now.  :)

Brian

Offline Myrickman

« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2016, 12:38:19 PM »
Thanks gents. Bill, the table attaches in place of the cutting shoe part 67 with 6mm screw 22. Part 29 is the "nut" for the screws which goes into the slot in part 39 in the housing. As I recall, the blade is about 2" from the slot in 39.  The slot in 39 allows some shoe movement so the depth of the 1/8" blade slot in the table is not critical. The picture is from of one of the replacement part sites. Paul

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal