Author Topic: The Alyn Foundry IF Allman engine.  (Read 7261 times)

Offline Jasonb

• Surrey, UK
Re: The Alyn Foundry IF Allman engine.
« Reply #135 on: February 03, 2019, 10:36:34 AM »
Thanks for the interest Dave. The actual part that does the burning is the ting that I showed in the previous post but a small Sievert 8842 burner is used for it's jet and air mixing, Graham looks to have pressed the stainless steel end into a larger diameter piece of tube on his engine but I wanted to keep mine a a bit slimmer and neater.

The part I was threading above replaces the Stainless one and screws onto the mid section of the Sievert burner with a M10 x 0.75 thread which is what I was cutting, the other end of that part has a 1/8" BSP similar to your NPT male thread on the other end to go into an elbow which you can see below.

On the Robinson that just had the unaltered Sievert burner aimed straight at the hot tube I had problems getting it hot enough, don't think that will be the case this time :) Though I am having to block off most of the air holes with my finger to stop the flame blowing off the ring burner.

I have just cured the air issue by turning down the mid section and pressing on a sleeve that just has two 1/32" holes and that seems to work well. Next job is to make an adaptor so I can get from my new valve to the back of the Sievert burner, more 0.75mm pitch threads

J

Offline Roger B

• Global Moderator
  • Switzerland
« Reply #136 on: February 03, 2019, 10:55:13 AM »
I like that burner for the hot tube  :ThumbsUp:  :ThumbsUp: I will need something similar for the Saurer Phaeton engine  :)
Best regards

Roger

Offline Jasonb

• Surrey, UK
« Reply #137 on: February 03, 2019, 06:52:05 PM »
Needles and hand wheels made together with a D pit to cut the tapered seats