Author Topic: Stirling engine  (Read 2121 times)

Offline Mike R

• Ottawa, ON
Stirling engine
« on: October 16, 2012, 02:12:35 AM »
Well, I ordered one of these 4 days ago - at the price ($65 Canadian - plus $15 shipping) I felt that I couldn't go too wrong as even if it doesn't work I'll have fun working on it!  The site says it has shipped so when it shows up I'll hopefully be able to do a mini review.  BTW - where else does one find little commercially made engines for sale either in North America or willing to ship here (Canada specifically)?  This site has a different Stirling for about 2 times the price and a small steam engine too....
Usual disclaimer - I'm just a customer and will call it as I see it.....in the past I have ordered from this site and I had mixed success - but usually the products I'm ordering are 3 times cheaper than available locally so I'm willing to throw caution to the wind on lowish value items (usually under $50) - this one is a bit above my pain threshold for items that might be junk but its a Stirling engine so I was a bit drunk with enthusiasm..keeping my fingers crossed.
Also - just a note on that site - it currently shows that engine as sold out.  They must do huge business as their stock showed 10+ 4 days ago!  It seems to me that in the past I had seen these on that site but they were never in stock...I just happened to browse on the right day this time I guess...

Mike

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store/__11030__Alpha_Type_2_Piston_Stirling_Engine.html

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal