Author Topic: Mobility Vehicle challenges  (Read 15729 times)

Offline Jo

• Administrator
  • Hampshire, england.
Re: Mobility Vehicle challenges
« Reply #60 on: August 15, 2018, 05:30:50 AM »
Thanks for looking in Guys  :)

This retirement lark looks far to strenuous, give the old boss a ring & see if you can go back to work for a rest!

Yes I thought that on day 2 of my retirement  :lolb:

As for the ready mix - I've always done as much of anything as I can. Its not the mixing that is the problem its the shipping it across the garden, the laying and levelling. I can mix and lay at about the right rate. If there was two doing it it may have been possible but in all these years of being an eligible young lady I have not found any opportunities worth pursuing  :disappointed: in the meantime I get to do everything  ::)

Jo
Enjoyment is more important than achievement.

Offline Jo

• Administrator
  • Hampshire, england.
Re: Mobility challenges
« Reply #61 on: August 15, 2018, 10:52:38 AM »
Second pour is complete  :) I have used up that entire bulk bag plus three bags of cement: the next delivery of material possibly will be tomorrow and Friday is the show so unless it turn up early the next pour will have to wait for Saturday.

I am sure I should feel more knackered after doing this sort of stuff especially at my age  :noidea:

Jo

Offline Jasonb

• Surrey, UK
« Reply #62 on: August 15, 2018, 12:18:36 PM »
Is that 3 bags of cement to one 850kg bag? :'( Or just 3 bags today.

Offline Jo

• Administrator
  • Hampshire, england.
« Reply #63 on: August 15, 2018, 12:57:51 PM »
I used three bags today.

The paint has arrived so I can look at finishing off the doors

Jo

Offline b.lindsey

• Global Moderator
  • Dallas, NC, USA
    • Workbench-Miniatures
« Reply #64 on: August 15, 2018, 01:37:21 PM »
Well if this retirement thing doesn't work out Jo, you can always open you own contract cement business  :mischief:

Bill

Offline Jo

• Administrator
  • Hampshire, england.
« Reply #65 on: August 15, 2018, 05:12:08 PM »
Thank you Bill  ::)

The doors have had two coats of paint and had a few repairs so I am calling them acceptable  :ThumbsUp:

It looks like workshop weather tomorrow so the rest of the concreting is going to have to wait at least another two days  :disappointed:

Jo

Offline b.lindsey

• Global Moderator
  • Dallas, NC, USA
    • Workbench-Miniatures
« Reply #66 on: August 15, 2018, 06:23:55 PM »
Nice!!  That looks great Jo  :ThumbsUp: You can change the above to Jo's concrete, carpentry and painting  ;)

Bill

Offline Dave Otto

• Boise, Idaho USA
    • Photo Bucket
« Reply #67 on: August 16, 2018, 01:15:19 AM »
Everything is looking great Jo!

But can you explain to me exactly what a Mobility vehicle is? Somehow I don't think you are purchasing a battery powered scooter and I can't imagine that you are purchasing a wheel chair accessible van. So unless I missed it somewhere in this thread can you enlighten me? SUV maybe?

Dave

Offline zeeprogrammer

• West Chester, PA, USA
« Reply #68 on: August 16, 2018, 02:49:07 AM »
The doors look swell Jo.

You may dislike the brown stuff...but you handle it well.  ;D
Carl (aka Zee) Will sometimes respond to 'hey' but never 'hey you'.
"To work. To work."
Zee-Another Thread Trasher.

Online Kim

• Global Moderator
  • Portland, Oregon, USA
« Reply #69 on: August 16, 2018, 03:16:23 AM »
I agree with Zee, looks great! :ThumbsUp:
And I agree with Dave, what are you talking about?  :thinking:
Kim

Offline Jo

• Administrator
  • Hampshire, england.
« Reply #70 on: August 16, 2018, 06:31:49 AM »
Thanks Guys  :)

But can you explain to me exactly what a Mobility vehicle is? Somehow I don't think you are purchasing a battery powered scooter and I can't imagine that you are purchasing a wheel chair accessible van. So unless I missed it somewhere in this thread can you enlighten me? SUV maybe?

As I said in my first post I was looking to buy a new vehicle to get me out of my workshop and mobile to encourage me to meet new people and go places so it had to offer as much fun and enjoyment as playing in my workshop. As I already have a very reliable little station waggon I have been looking at a little 2 seater open top sports car  :embarassed:

I had been warned by a couple of friends but in this day and age did not believe what I was told about new car salesmen but when I went for the test drive it proved to be all true and some more  :toilet_claw: The long and short is I walked away with the cash still in my pocket and the entire experience is not one I have any desire to repeat any time soon   :disappointed:

Having spoken to the boys who maintain my Station Wagon they have advised I should sit tight until just before Christmas when the latest vehicle updates have arrived, the new registration plate has come in, the dealers are desperate to make their monthly quotas and no one is buying open top cars due to the weather. Then they have recommended a couple of vehicles to look at but to buy at about 4 years old with about 10K miles on the clock and it will cost me less than half of the new price :noidea:

In the meantime it has motivated me to restore the stable and I will have the second garage bay available for whatever toy I buy when the time comes :) However mobility is already becoming an issue as playing in the workshop/garden is so much fun I could spend every day doing it happily and I am only 16 days into retirement  :-[

Jo

Offline b.lindsey

• Global Moderator
  • Dallas, NC, USA
    • Workbench-Miniatures
« Reply #71 on: August 16, 2018, 12:50:48 PM »
Wow! 16 days already  :o. Time sure flies when you are having fun doesn't it  :whoohoo:

Bill

Offline Dave Otto

• Boise, Idaho USA
    • Photo Bucket
« Reply #72 on: August 16, 2018, 01:26:17 PM »
Thanks Jo

I guess when I read this: "I have been warned that there is a risk as we get older that we become less mobile so before I get into a rut i.e. move permanently into my workshop and am never seen again  :slap: ,  I am looking at buying myself a mobility vehicle  :mischief:"

Cruising around in a open top two seat sports car didn't come to mind.

Dave

Offline Jo

• Administrator
  • Hampshire, england.
« Reply #73 on: August 16, 2018, 02:22:17 PM »
Cruising around in a open top two seat sports car didn't come to mind.

No imagination  :mischief:

Jo

Offline Tennessee Whiskey

• Springfield, Tennessee. USA
« Reply #74 on: August 16, 2018, 02:30:46 PM »
Here’s a top tip: Find one purchased by a gentleman going through his midlife crisis and who’s wife has decided he’s having too much fun and attention from the ladies with it; they usually are quick to sell at a very reduced rate. Don’t ask me how I know  >:D :mischief: :lolb:

Big E

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal