Author Topic: Mobility Vehicle challenges  (Read 15699 times)

Offline Ye-Ole Steam Dude

• Deep East Texas on Sam Rayburn Lake
Re: Mobility Vehicle challenges
« Reply #150 on: September 16, 2018, 04:21:26 PM »
Hi Jo,

Great photos and looked like a fun time. I sure do like the Red and Black Buggy  :Love:

Have a great day,
Thomas
Thomas

Offline Steamer5

• Global Moderator
  • The "Naki" New Zealand
« Reply #151 on: September 16, 2018, 04:35:15 PM »
Hi Jo,
If the manual that came with the Minix is the same that came with our Mazdas you need to be a engineer to understand it......oh wait you got that covered!

Loved the photos!

Cheers Kerrin
Get excited and make something!

Offline Stuart

• Tilchestune UK
« Reply #152 on: September 16, 2018, 04:43:15 PM »
Jo

Looks like you had a good time at the show and giving minx a run out

Yes the joys of modern sat navs , mine has a very plesent female voice , it thinks I will take notice  :stir:

The best one we had was a Nissan almera you put the hotel in and it said you had arrived at the gates and 3D birds eye view

The beemer one is good but it only gets you to the post code not the address

My worst thing with a sat nav was took the Nissan in for service , so they had a play with it but did not know how to reset it , so paid the bill and tried to drive home ( I new my way home ) but sat nav belleyached me to go elsewhere

The voice controllers are worst that usless IMHO

Mine tin top is like that with its widows no rum rum windows they no worky

I am to polite to make any comment about Jo driving minx with het top off  :Director:  :stir:

Take care and enjoy this retirement job

Stuart

BTW got an appointment form the hospital for nov. 8 months after the scan and 11 months after the opp

My aim is for a accurate part with a good finish

Online Dave Otto

• Boise, Idaho USA
    • Photo Bucket
« Reply #153 on: September 16, 2018, 04:50:19 PM »
Thanks for all the great photos Jo. Looks like you had a very nice day.

Dave

Offline bent

• Wet side of Washington State, USA
« Reply #154 on: September 17, 2018, 06:34:12 PM »
Love the MX-5, looks like you have nearly the same model as me, but in ragtop.  I fell in love with the blue color, only available in the RF edition here, and I wanted a hard top anyway given the amount of rain we have.  Have you learned the Mazda salute yet?  On the older models, you are supposed to flip up the headlights, on the newer ones just blip your high beams.  Or just smile and wave.

I did meet a chap with a red one yesterday, on my drive home from buying my wife's 30th anniversary present...he took the turn up the old road near my house, the one with the steep hills with switchback corners.  So I had to follow him, right?  And just because he decided to step on it, I couldn't let him try and leave me in the dust, could I?  I mean, that's MY road!  Never mind that the mudflaps were scraping the road on the corners, that's rallying... ;D

The other fun thing is that as you put the roof up she automatically lowers the windows but does not raise them again after the roof is clamped in place. Of course unless the engine is running you have no windows control so you can't raise them again without starting the engine  :facepalm:

Yeah, that's fun hopping in your car after a bit of rain.  Wet tushy will teach you to double check your windows when you park.
 :stickpoke:

But, I also learnt the trick to getting aux power without restarting:  leave your foot off the clutch (I usually put the shifter to neutral, just in case, I'm old fashioned I guess), and push the start button once, it should glow orange - but still no window power.  Push it again, and it should light up green, and now you have power to windows/stereo etc.  Push a third time and it goes off.  All of this assumes you have the little fob/remote thingy with you.  If you don't, you get to hear what the alarm sounds like  ::)  When I did that, the car was up on ramps for its first oil change, and I ran back into the house to find my keys, which weren't where I'd left them....oh yeah, they were still in the wife's car in the garage, right where I'd left them after doing her car's oil change. :facepalm:

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal