Author Topic: Foldina micro tube bender  (Read 2289 times)

Offline paul gough

• Tropical Queensland, Australia
Foldina micro tube bender
« on: July 27, 2018, 07:42:25 AM »
In the link below is a micro tube bender, from Italy I think. Has anyone used one of these? Especially on softer materials, copper, brass or aluminium. Also, where can they be got??? Have we any Italian members who might know of a supplier? <<a href="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7_q3hBQiGtg" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7_q3hBQiGtg</a> Paul Gough.

Offline b.lindsey

• Global Moderator
  • Dallas, NC, USA
    • Workbench-Miniatures
Re: Foldina micro tube bender
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2018, 12:38:26 PM »
Paul, I have traced it back to the name of the manufacturer (Profeel s.r.l.) in Italy but can't seem to find a website for them. Perhaps the following will help in contacting them via email.

https://mclloydbis.com/profile/477911/profeel-s-r-l.html

Bill

Offline paul gough

« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2018, 01:05:55 PM »
Thanks Bill, I will make an attempt to contact the company. The design looks quite well thought out and accommodates very small tubing, though obviously normally used for stiff steel which I presume is not so likely to crush as non ferrous tube. Nevertheless this design may give better results than other types I have come across, especially if it was used with the tubing filled with frozen soapy water or maybe sand or salt, etc, etc. It might even be worth trying to make one if they are not available. Paul Gough.

Offline vcutajar

• Marsascala, MALTA
« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2018, 01:21:43 PM »
This was their email address in 2010:

profeel@profeel.it

Vince

Offline paul gough

« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2018, 10:47:09 PM »
Thanks Vince, I will try the email as well. Paul Gough.

Offline b.lindsey

• Global Moderator
  • Dallas, NC, USA
    • Workbench-Miniatures
« Reply #5 on: July 27, 2018, 10:56:49 PM »
I kind of suspect they have been replaced by other Chinese alternatives, but please let us know if your hear anything. It is an interesting looking system

Bill

Offline Steamer5

• Global Moderator
  • The "Naki" New Zealand
« Reply #6 on: July 28, 2018, 12:26:41 AM »
Hi Paul,
 Will be waiting with interest on how you get on.
Wouldn’t mind finding out we’re those quick connect fittings can be got from, make very nice fittings for water connections between loco & tender.

Cheers Kerrin
Get excited and make something!

Offline crueby

• Rochester NY
« Reply #7 on: July 28, 2018, 12:55:40 AM »
Hard to tell from the video, it looks like each step on the bending roll is straight sided? If so, why does it not crush the tube? Or is each segment curved top to bottom?

:headscratch:

Offline paul gough

« Reply #8 on: August 04, 2018, 02:36:05 AM »
Hi All, Regarding the pipe bender, I have sent an email via a contact form located on Mclloyd Buisiness Directory and will advise of further progress, if there is any. As far as I can ascertain the company appears to be a manufacturer of textile machinery etc. The video is about seven years old so who knows what will transpire. Regards, Paul Gough.

Offline Mcgyver

• Toronto
« Reply #9 on: August 05, 2018, 02:02:08 PM »
Has anyone used one of these? Especially on softer materials, copper, brass or aluminium.

I haven't used that specific one, but in my experience to get a good bend in softer material you need a shoe on the outside else you get sort of bulge of material on the leading edge.  A bend with a bulge might be functional but if for a model doesn't look all that great

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal