Author Topic: Bristol Show 17th-19th Aug  (Read 10871 times)

Offline Jasonb

• Surrey, UK
Re: Bristol Show 17th-19th Aug
« Reply #15 on: July 21, 2018, 04:45:19 PM »
That crankshaft shaft drawing could do with having the pin diameters and lengths on the right hand side added and thread call out if the ends are threaded.

Also the 1/2" ? bearing dia to the left of the crank webs and the thick line which I assume is to space the crank from the bearing

And width and radius at the ends of the rectangular section webs

taper angle would be nice too
« Last Edit: July 21, 2018, 04:57:47 PM by Jasonb »

Online Jo

• Administrator
  • Hampshire, england.
« Reply #16 on: July 21, 2018, 05:22:00 PM »
You don't have to worry about it it has too many cylinders for you to want to build it and  :o it is an Aero engine  :lolb:

People who are building model Anzani's will understand  ;)

Jo
Enjoyment is more important than achievement.

Offline Jasonb

• Surrey, UK
« Reply #17 on: July 21, 2018, 06:09:56 PM »
Are they psychic then, I could not build a crank from that drawing even if I wanted to. You know I prefer to make engines that will run ;)

Can't even scale from the drawings as you have drawn them on IMPERIAL size paper which for the unwary will distort the size when printed onto the metric worlds A size paper :facepalm:

Hope they can understand the issues with the conrod drawings too

J

PS Did I hear your pension Casting  fund has taken a dive today :LittleDevil:
« Last Edit: July 21, 2018, 07:36:20 PM by Jasonb »

Online Jo

• Administrator
  • Hampshire, england.
« Reply #18 on: July 21, 2018, 08:10:26 PM »
Are they psychic then, I could not build a crank from that drawing even if I wanted to. You know I prefer to make engines that will run ;)

You still do not understand: those who are interested in making a 6 cylinder Anzani are told by Mike when he provides them with castings that the original crankshaft design by Les needs to be modified for the 6 cylinder engine. Mike did some fag packet sketches and I have provided him with them drawn up as  CAD outlines. The drawing provides the casting purchasers with the details they need to modify Les' original design not the entire crankshaft design  :ShakeHead:

Jo

Offline mikecole7

« Reply #19 on: July 21, 2018, 09:04:39 PM »
I don't know how I got involved in all of this, I just make it up as I go along, sometime it works.

Each to his own, I like old aero engines.

Jason your engineering is the same thinking as mine, I like reading your solutions to others problems.

Mike

Offline Jasonb

• Surrey, UK
« Reply #20 on: July 22, 2018, 07:15:05 AM »
Ah being an addendum to the original drawing does go some way to explaining things.

Jo my couple of queries on the conrods were that the 14mm dimension does not seem to relate to a feature on either elevation and that the 16mm dimension is to the junction of the vertical side and the roundover, as the radius is not shown the depth of both forks is not defined.

Mike just trying to iron out others problems before they get to them, may have jumped the gun a bit :-[ Crank should be a fun one to turn with that undercut in the central web.

Online Jo

• Administrator
  • Hampshire, england.
« Reply #21 on: July 22, 2018, 01:44:08 PM »
Jo my couple of queries on the conrods were that the 14mm dimension does not seem to relate to a feature on either elevation and that the 16mm dimension is to the junction of the vertical side and the roundover, as the radius is not shown the depth of both forks is not defined.

The dimension is from the centre of the crank to the top surface of the fork - We know these lengths do not foul the skirts. The thickness of the flat on the fork is given.

PS Did I hear your pension Casting  fund has taken a dive today :LittleDevil:

Thankyou for worrying but Surus and my funding will not change in my retirement: I still won't actually need to put money aside for things if I see something I want and I think the price is acceptable I am in the happy position I can buy it. Thankfully I do not have very expensive1 tastes otherwise things might be different.

Jo

Note 1 I only have expensive tastes  :embarassed: I don't like cheap and especially not nasty  :hellno:

Offline Jasonb

• Surrey, UK
« Reply #22 on: July 22, 2018, 01:54:08 PM »
The dimension is from the centre of the crank to the top surface of the fork - We know these lengths do not foul the skirts. The thickness of the flat on the fork is given.

That is what I had assumed they were meant to be but it is not where the dimension lines go to as far as I can see :-\

Online Jo

• Administrator
  • Hampshire, england.
« Reply #23 on: July 29, 2018, 07:59:19 AM »
I've acquired the map to the show  :mischief: and it looks like they have a reasonable number of traders going and a wide range of model engineering clubs :ThumbsUp:

However I should admit that I have had to withdraw my entry to the show  :( as I have been told they won't let me take my model away until after 5pm and as driving even relatively short distance still causes problems 12 months after the Elephant extraction  I doubt I would still be standing by that time let alone in a fit state for the 100+ miles drive home in the grockles traffic jam  :hellno:

Jo

Offline Jasonb

• Surrey, UK
« Reply #24 on: July 29, 2018, 08:05:36 AM »
Traders and club list has been available for quite a while. List here for anyone who is undecided about going under Exhibits and Traders

http://www.bristolmodelengineers.co.uk/Exhibition/exhib.htm

So does that mean you will have to pay for a ticket :LittleDevil:

The Errors on the Anzani drawings that Jo did and posted have been acknowledged and I have done some for Mike with the correct dimensions.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2018, 08:08:52 AM by Jasonb »

Online Jo

• Administrator
  • Hampshire, england.
« Reply #25 on: July 29, 2018, 08:15:45 AM »
The list on the Bristol web page is out of date.

Jo

Online Jo

• Administrator
  • Hampshire, england.
« Reply #26 on: August 15, 2018, 01:03:58 PM »
The sticky whotsits have been acquired for the show. I had to up rate the stocks this time as someone proved that the life expectancy of a packet of 9 is just under 2 mins at Guildford and that was after he had eaten a bacon buttie :facepalm:.

Surus has found a few strong boxes for me to put his new casting sets in so we must be nearly ready for Friday  :pinkelephant:

Jo

Offline Bluechip

• Derbyshire
« Reply #27 on: August 16, 2018, 08:06:42 PM »
Have fun tomorrow   :cartwheel:   

Hope your roads are free of assoles. Your castings free of blow-holes and the sticky wotsits hold out ... I'll sit this one out at home.  :old:

Regards

Cinders   Dave

Online Jo

• Administrator
  • Hampshire, england.
« Reply #28 on: August 16, 2018, 08:18:48 PM »
Ok Dave  :( Maybe we will see you at the midlands show in a couple of months  :ThumbsUp:

My last two items in the car (RLE and the infamous thumb chopper which is coming along as a talking point ::) ) nearly zoom-zoom time  :D  Should I do a quality check on the sticky wotsits, if they are no good I could leave them behind  :noidea:

Jo

Offline Bluechip

• Derbyshire
« Reply #29 on: August 17, 2018, 10:04:00 AM »

Ok Dave  :( Maybe we will see you at the midlands show in a couple of months  :ThumbsUp:

Jo

See you before that.   :D

The Great Hun-Yun Run ( 2018 Edition ) in a couple of weeks or so.  :ThumbsUp:

Dave

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal