Author Topic: Division Master still around?  (Read 2945 times)

Online steamer

• Global Moderator
  • Central Massachusetts, USA
Re: Division Master still around?
« Reply #15 on: July 06, 2018, 12:37:41 AM »
Dave, I’ve had numerous Kwackers , World of Ward controllers over the past 10 years and they are great. I’m currently making one up now (just got back from the workshop!) for my Cowells lathe.

Steve is a great guy, sells them for I think £45 made and ready to run! You then just need a keypad, driver and motor and you are ready to go!

Wiring is simple and no hassle. If you are integrested, I can make a little video of wiring one up to show what you get from him and how you connect the rest of it up? No worries if you don’t think this would help.

Cheers
Chris

That sounds great!   I'm integrating this table onto my Aciera, so that's perfect.   This table can be used as a lathe spindle divider as well.

Dave
"Mister M'Andrew, don't you think steam spoils romance at sea?"
Damned ijjit!

Online Twizseven

« Reply #16 on: July 06, 2018, 12:04:07 PM »
Steamer,

I am interested in how your are planning to use this with the Aciera.  I have an F12 but only have the simple indexing unit with it.

Chris,

Also interested in seeing what you do for the Cowells.  I also have an ME 90 and also the Cowells Mill.  I have a tiny 2.75" rotary table for the mill.
I saw your post about DRO for the ME90.  I have posted on here somewhere about the M-DRO magnetic scales I fitted and the various mountings that I made.  I use them with the Yuriy's Toys Touch-DRO software and an android tablet display.  I can sort some info out if interested.

I did obtain a stepper motor and driver and an arduino which I programmed up with C Fellows software but never completed it all. Lack of time.

Regards,

Colin

Online steamer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #17 on: July 06, 2018, 12:17:50 PM »
 I plan on using it to drive the sherline  rotary table that im installing.
Damned ijjit!

Offline lsces

« Reply #18 on: July 06, 2018, 07:46:56 PM »
The original DivisionMaster is still available, and provides 2Amps at 24V to the motor and is available as a kit or ready to go. I've also sorted a 'Super' version which has a 4.2Amp Chinese driver and 160W 45V power supply all built into a diecast box. In addition, motors can be supplied ready wired to simply plug in. Also despite the untimely demise of John S. I've managed to complete another batch of mounts to fit the generic 4" and 6" rotary tables. This can also be adapted to fit other tables if required.

Offline craynerd

• www.raynerd.co.uk
« Reply #19 on: July 07, 2018, 02:01:35 PM »

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7t1Jb4fZHRg" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7t1Jb4fZHRg</a>

Steamer, I don’t know if that helps but it is a cracking bit of kit. I’m not pretending to be an expert but hopefully the video shows how the divider goes toegether. I have no affiliation with Steve but for the price, I think they are ace!

Online steamer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #20 on: July 07, 2018, 02:16:18 PM »
Ok ..my son and I travelled for a race yesterday and got home at the wee hours of the morning.....let me wake up, but the original option up to the face of the stepper motor mount sounds.perfect!...I can adapt from there
Damned ijjit!

Online steamer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #21 on: July 07, 2018, 02:58:42 PM »
…..and thank you for digging that up, spending the time reading this thread, and sharing......give me a minute....the coffee is starting to kick in... 8)

Dave
Damned ijjit!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal