Author Topic: Auxiliary lighting for Z axis DRO on mill  (Read 4516 times)

Online Jasonb

• Surrey, UK
Re: Auxiliary lighting for Z axis DRO on mill
« Reply #15 on: July 06, 2018, 11:46:52 AM »
Just wonder if the battery is getting a bit flat on yours Brian as you say you look down on it, these things can become harder to see at an angle as the battery looses power but still fine if you duck down and look straight at them.

J

PS I see some of the latest versions of the far eastern mills are now coming with  a couple of USB outlets so you can plug a cheap LED light or whatever you fancy straight in and nor have a wall wort and long cables hanging around.

Offline Brian Rupnow

• Barrie, Ontario Canada
« Reply #16 on: July 06, 2018, 09:41:08 PM »
I'm finished, and I would call this total success. These two pictures show the result. The only shop light that was turned on and off for the picture is the new light I just installed. You will notice that in either case I have good lighting on the piece I am milling or drilling. Now I will be able to see the DRO without taking my safety goggles off and squinting to read the numbers.-Total cost of this project has been less than $50.00--Brian

Offline Brian Rupnow

• Barrie, Ontario Canada
« Reply #17 on: July 06, 2018, 09:45:07 PM »
These are the lights that I used. They cost about $15 for two of them, including shipping. Physical dimensions are 0.7" x 0.5" x 0.5". I only used one of them. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B008RIEQXY/ref=od_aui_detailpages00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal