Author Topic: Attempting to Build UPT  (Read 3645 times)

Online Twizseven

Re: Attempting to Build UPT
« Reply #15 on: June 19, 2018, 08:28:59 PM »
Phil,

I had already seen that superb set of tooling you had made. Have printed out photos and added to my BCA file.

One day my skill level might be up to making some of those.

Colin

Online Jo

• Administrator
  • Hampshire, england.
« Reply #16 on: June 19, 2018, 08:30:45 PM »
Its easy Colin: You need to spend more time in your workshop  :D and less time working  :facepalm2:

Jo
Enjoyment is more important than achievement.

Online Twizseven

« Reply #17 on: June 19, 2018, 08:51:04 PM »
Jo,

That's easier said than done.  Have spent the last two days gardening.  Don't know how big you garden plot is but it looks quite large and must need a lot of work, especially with all you veggies.  Mine is around 1/2 acre and takes a bit of time to mow, especially if I don't use the ride-on.  All front edges and trimmed lawns mowed, new plants put in (yesterday). Today took wife to station for 7 a.m., sorted stuff out for my 97 year old Dad,went to bank, mowed rear lawns, needed nice stripes as wife has a BBQ for work colleagues on Fri eve. (I'm out blasting round mid Wales in Caterham 7). Vacuumed pool so it can be used, watered tomatoes, ordered some stuff for work, ordered some bits for BCA, sorted route plans out for weekend, walked past UPT and admired the cock-ups.  Its 10 to 9 now and the days gone. Time for a cuppa.

Colin

Online Twizseven

« Reply #18 on: June 19, 2018, 09:09:02 PM »
Just to prove I've done something in workshop.  Just don't look too closely.  It's getting there very slowly.

Colin

Online Jo

• Administrator
  • Hampshire, england.
« Reply #19 on: June 19, 2018, 09:12:17 PM »
Its getting there...  I can recommend the original handle design: You would be surprised how easy (relatively) they are to make and how much better they feel/look  ;)

Jo
Enjoyment is more important than achievement.

Online Twizseven

« Reply #20 on: June 19, 2018, 09:19:12 PM »
Jo,

I had a feeling you would say something like that. :Lol:

I do now have a ball turning tool.  My mate has all these bits hiding in his workshop that he has forgotten about.

My first Myford 7, the Super 7, the Aciera and the BCA all came out from his workshop.

He has a Pultra lathe, Myford Super 7 and a Hardinge Capstan lathe all of which need good homes to go to.

Colin

Offline Dave Otto

• Boise, Idaho USA
    • Photo Bucket
« Reply #21 on: June 20, 2018, 01:07:42 AM »
That looks great Colin!

Dave

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal