Author Topic: Bill's Shop Renovation  (Read 90307 times)

Offline b.lindsey

• Global Moderator
  • Dallas, NC, USA
    • Workbench-Miniatures
Re: Bill's Shop Renovation
« Reply #705 on: April 18, 2019, 01:50:49 PM »
Getting down to the wire on the house has limited shop time these past couple of weeks though was able to get a few things done. You may have seen an old Dayton (Grainger) drill press lurking about in previous pictures and it was in need of some TLC too. A good clean up, cleaning some surface rust off the column, and a new paint job. Completed this yesterday and have put it where the wood bandsaw was on the outside corner of the mechanical closet. Not sure where the band saw will end up. Anyway it looks better I think and otherwise is still in good shape. Heavy thing too, all cast iron.

Will be back out there this morning for delivery of a new fridge. Hoping today I will be able to get the promised video made and uploaded to youtube.

Bill

Offline crueby

• Rochester NY
« Reply #706 on: April 18, 2019, 02:40:08 PM »
Good to hear you are getting the shop elves a new fridge, don't forget to stock it with their favorite cookies and beer.... 

Offline b.lindsey

• Global Moderator
  • Dallas, NC, USA
    • Workbench-Miniatures
« Reply #707 on: April 18, 2019, 03:39:09 PM »
No beer, just yoo-hoo, cheerwine, and sweet tea Chris :D

Bill

Offline Tennessee Whiskey

• Springfield, Tennessee. USA
« Reply #708 on: April 18, 2019, 04:05:49 PM »
Nice work on the drill press. How do you like the vibratory tumbler?

Cletus

Offline b.lindsey

• Global Moderator
  • Dallas, NC, USA
    • Workbench-Miniatures
« Reply #709 on: April 18, 2019, 09:46:12 PM »
Cletus, that is a leftover from my molding days. I also did some small metal parts that it came in handy for. I still have plenty of media and it's in great condition so I just hung on to it. May come in handy at times and being next to the laundry sink, I can run water through it  as it runs if needed.

Bill

Offline b.lindsey

• Global Moderator
  • Dallas, NC, USA
    • Workbench-Miniatures
« Reply #710 on: April 18, 2019, 10:38:09 PM »
Here are the videos finally. Still need to do some more organizing/cleaning up, etc. but it's useable as is now. Sorry no narration as it is self explanatory I think.

Bill

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vVYRP7bilrw" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vVYRP7bilrw</a>

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R3R4RI1TaGM" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R3R4RI1TaGM</a>

Offline Johnmcc69

• Erie Pa., USA
« Reply #711 on: April 18, 2019, 11:04:01 PM »
Me thinks I spotted the shop-dogs big comfy chair near the bench in the second video....

Great looking shop Bill!

John

P.S.: Great looking countertops & the drill press looks GREAT!

Offline crueby

• Rochester NY
« Reply #712 on: April 18, 2019, 11:19:17 PM »
What a great setup! Just needs some fresh swarf for seasoning! Congrats on a great new shop!

Offline Ye-Ole Steam Dude

• Deep East Texas on Sam Rayburn Lake
« Reply #713 on: April 18, 2019, 11:58:47 PM »
Hello Bill,

What a transformation and a wonderful job you have done with setting up the new shop.

Have a great day,
Thomas
Thomas

Offline b.lindsey

• Global Moderator
  • Dallas, NC, USA
    • Workbench-Miniatures
« Reply #714 on: April 19, 2019, 12:05:38 AM »
Thanks gentlemen. Just one more picture for Chris. Not fully stocked yet but will be shortly. Actually this will serve as an overflow fridge for the house as well.

Bill

Offline Don1966

• Columbia, MS
« Reply #715 on: April 19, 2019, 12:08:26 AM »
Damnnnnn! That looks Awesome Bill and well organized. That little organizing shelf you have on the wall I just ordered one from Micromark myself going to use it for my Model assembly hobby table I built. Those walls would look great with some paint on them....just saying..... :lolb:. Just love it Bill gladfor you my friend!
My Model hobby table photo.....the little shelf will fit good on my table...

:drinking-41:
Don

Offline crueby

• Rochester NY
« Reply #716 on: April 19, 2019, 12:09:32 AM »
Cool - sodas and ice cream for the shop elves, they will be very helpful on your projects.... ummm... as long as they can open the door... better leave the crowbar out, or rig up some ropes and pulleys.... Dont want them reverting to C4...  :Lol:

Offline b.lindsey

• Global Moderator
  • Dallas, NC, USA
    • Workbench-Miniatures
« Reply #717 on: April 19, 2019, 12:16:07 AM »
Um....sodas yes. What looks like ice cream is actually 1lb. Containers of Boy Scout BBQ I get annually from a guy I worked with. It freezes well. I do like ice cream too though, may need to stock some of that too for the hot summer days ;).

Don, it's a nice little unit. Not perfect but reasonably well made and finished. What that table needs is a new model being worked on...just saying :-X. Sorry couldn't resist that.

Bill

Offline Don1966

• Columbia, MS
« Reply #718 on: April 19, 2019, 12:38:44 AM »
Um....sodas yes. What looks like ice cream is actually 1lb. Containers of Boy Scout BBQ I get annually from a guy I worked with. It freezes well. I do like ice cream too though, may need to stock some of that too for the hot summer days ;).

Don, it's a nice little unit. Not perfect but reasonably well made and finished. What that table needs is a new model being worked on...just saying :-X. Sorry couldn't resist that.

Bill
Yeah Bill I agree this is my next project. Oh and Bill, something you may want to look into is a carbide blade for your band saw. This blade will cut steel like butter, I have one on mine a little expensive but will last a long time.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2019, 12:46:44 AM by Don1966 »

Offline b.lindsey

• Global Moderator
  • Dallas, NC, USA
    • Workbench-Miniatures
« Reply #719 on: April 19, 2019, 12:52:57 AM »
Oh...nice project Don. So where does the engine fit :stickpoke:  :lolb:. Seriously, hope you will post it and your progress. You know I like the brown stuff too.

Bill

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal