Author Topic: Bill's Shop Renovation  (Read 90556 times)

Offline Art K

• Madison, Wisconsin USA
Re: Bill's Shop Renovation
« Reply #540 on: January 25, 2019, 05:52:20 PM »
Ah... adding dark pigment, adding to the lodge look? :mischief:
Art
"The beautiful thing about learning is that no one can take it away from you" B.B. King

Offline b.lindsey

• Global Moderator
  • Dallas, NC, USA
    • Workbench-Miniatures
« Reply #541 on: January 27, 2019, 10:48:04 PM »
Ok, here's a bone for you paint guys. The inside of the entry door and it's trim ate painted now. The door color of called Tuscan Clay and the trim is Monteray Sand. The window trims will also be the Monteray Sand color. For Zee these are kind of a light and dark taupe, or "tape" for Chris  ;D

Bill

Offline Don1966

• Columbia, MS
« Reply #542 on: January 28, 2019, 05:06:35 PM »
Oh geeez you see how good that looks Bill. Now you done it you just got to paint that shop bud!..... :lolb:

:cheers:
Don

Offline b.lindsey

• Global Moderator
  • Dallas, NC, USA
    • Workbench-Miniatures
« Reply #543 on: January 28, 2019, 10:26:32 PM »
Well Don, after painting just one window trim and a door jamb my painter was too tired to go on (see picture). Can't imagine how long it would take him to paint the whole place  :lolb:

Bill

Offline Don1966

• Columbia, MS
« Reply #544 on: January 28, 2019, 11:59:29 PM »
Awww that’s to cute for words there Bill!...... :cheers:

Don

Offline b.lindsey

• Global Moderator
  • Dallas, NC, USA
    • Workbench-Miniatures
« Reply #545 on: January 29, 2019, 12:37:13 AM »
That is Scout by the way...technically a foster, but for some reason has latched onto me like a shadow, so will probably be around permanently. He goes out to the shop with me most days here lately.

Bill

Offline Art K

• Madison, Wisconsin USA
« Reply #546 on: January 29, 2019, 02:00:37 AM »
Bill,
Nothing wrong with that, the permanent shadow part. But what I want to see is a photo of that hound with a paint brush in his...I think he's to cute for a brush.
Art
Ps. did I mention that the door and frame aren't even the same shade of taupe. :mischief:
"The beautiful thing about learning is that no one can take it away from you" B.B. King

Offline b.lindsey

• Global Moderator
  • Dallas, NC, USA
    • Workbench-Miniatures
« Reply #547 on: January 29, 2019, 02:37:52 AM »

Ps. did I mention that the door and frame aren't even the same shade of taupe. :mischief:

True, but he stayed within the lines really well  :lolb:

Bill

Offline crueby

• Rochester NY
« Reply #548 on: January 29, 2019, 02:40:14 AM »

True, but he stayed within the lines really well  :lolb:

Bill
So he used Masking Taupe at the edges?   :Lol:   or being a dog, he would prefer Duck Taupe!   :Lol:

Offline b.lindsey

• Global Moderator
  • Dallas, NC, USA
    • Workbench-Miniatures
« Reply #549 on: January 29, 2019, 02:58:38 AM »
Correct on the tape, but being part blue tick hound (we think), he prefers the 3M brand blue painters tape.

Bill

Offline steamer

• Global Moderator
  • Central Massachusetts, USA
« Reply #550 on: January 29, 2019, 03:43:42 AM »
Correct on the tape, but being part blue tick hound (we think), he prefers the 3M brand blue painters tape.

Bill

Ok then...so when's he painting the rest of it?    8)
"Mister M'Andrew, don't you think steam spoils romance at sea?"
Damned ijjit!

Offline b.lindsey

• Global Moderator
  • Dallas, NC, USA
    • Workbench-Miniatures
« Reply #551 on: January 29, 2019, 01:03:40 PM »
Probably not in my lifetime Dave  ;). It will be enough to get him to finish the remaining window, another door frame, and then two doors (on into the closet and the bathroom door), but I may have to get him some more paint.

On another note the bathroom is the last area to be done and I found/ordered the panels that will be used for the walls yesterday. They should arrive tomorrow via the Lowes truck so happily the restoration is nearing the end and I can get back to making some swarf!!

Bill

Offline b.lindsey

• Global Moderator
  • Dallas, NC, USA
    • Workbench-Miniatures
« Reply #552 on: January 30, 2019, 07:21:29 PM »
The panels came in today. 3/8" composite engineered panels suitable for structural use, meaning they can be directly attacked to the studs. The manufacturer recommends primimg and painting them so a suitable light color will be used though slightly darker than the window/door trim. They are deeply embossed to give a tongue and groove wood look and should do fine in the bathroom. (Photo 1). The challenge will be getting them into the bathroom and vertical to attach to the walls.

The curtain hardware also arrived today and I went for a more industrial look (photo2), though the valences still follow the lodge  theme😊 (photo 3)

Bill

Offline Tennessee Whiskey

• Springfield, Tennessee. USA
« Reply #553 on: January 30, 2019, 08:24:33 PM »
Well you know where I have stood on the painting issue, but, I’m beginning to think that a shade of green to compliment the one in the valance, would look good  8) ;) :lolb:

Cletus

Offline b.lindsey

• Global Moderator
  • Dallas, NC, USA
    • Workbench-Miniatures
« Reply #554 on: January 30, 2019, 08:49:53 PM »
As promised, I slapped some paint on a scrap piece of OSB. Granted this is just one coat and the newer OSB panels are a bit coarser than the old original aged ones, but I just doesn't look good to me. I think I will use the green idea in the bathroom though since those panels need to be painted. Not green green, more in the olive green family, but something that will coordinate with the vanity, valance,and tile flooring. More on that once the paneling is up though.

Bill

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal