Author Topic: Bill's Shop Renovation  (Read 90379 times)

Offline b.lindsey

• Global Moderator
  • Dallas, NC, USA
    • Workbench-Miniatures
Re: Bill's Shop Renovation
« Reply #330 on: November 16, 2018, 12:41:25 PM »
Good point Art, and their cushy new environment will only add to their mischieviousness no doubt.

Bill

Offline crueby

• Rochester NY
« Reply #331 on: November 16, 2018, 02:49:47 PM »
Good point Art, and their cushy new environment will only add to their mischieviousness no doubt.

Bill
There a chandelier for them to swing from? At least a hanging work light...

Offline Tennessee Whiskey

• Springfield, Tennessee. USA
« Reply #332 on: November 16, 2018, 08:09:13 PM »
Wish I had have added a throne to my shed, but, Dog’s fire hydrant out back handles most of the duties and if any other arise; well, it’s a good excuse to go check on Lou  :lolb:. Be sure and snip the drops of granite from the house build; they’ll have several cutouts and they work great in the workshop.  Tell everybody off up there I said how they be doing.

Cletus

Offline Jo

• Administrator
  • Hampshire, england.
« Reply #333 on: November 17, 2018, 07:46:26 AM »
but, Dog’s fire hydrant out back handles most of the duties and if any other arise;

:ThumbsDown:

Ex-neighbour used to pee in a bottle...  New owner found gallons of the stuff  :facepalm2: absolutely stunk the place out when they threw it in the skip and had the boys squash down the contents of the skip  :toilet_claw:

Jo
« Last Edit: November 17, 2018, 07:50:56 AM by Jo »
Enjoyment is more important than achievement.

Offline Bluechip

• Derbyshire
« Reply #334 on: November 17, 2018, 11:43:02 AM »
Pity the Saltpeter Men are no longer about.

Could have made a few quid ..  :headscratch:

http://firearmshistory.blogspot.com/2016/02/the-history-of-saltpeter-i.html

Dave

Offline ShopShoe

• Central Iowa, Central USA
« Reply #335 on: November 17, 2018, 03:00:21 PM »
Used to be a gardening expert on radio here who had home-grown recipes for every contingency a homeowner and gardener could come accross. Ingredients were often things like human urine, yeast, beer, dish detergent, cigarette ashes, cigar or pipe tobacco, etc.

Can't remember his name, he may still be on. I'm not a gardener, so I only listened for entertainment value.

--ShopShoe

Offline b.lindsey

• Global Moderator
  • Dallas, NC, USA
    • Workbench-Miniatures
« Reply #336 on: November 18, 2018, 12:54:48 AM »
The large items ordered got delivered "finally" today. Delivery window was 11-1. They finally arrived at 4:15. Lowe's is on my list now and will be hearing about it. Not the drivers fault, just very poor scheduling to say the least. But the stuff is here !!! Throne included 😁

Bill

Offline b.lindsey

• Global Moderator
  • Dallas, NC, USA
    • Workbench-Miniatures
« Reply #337 on: November 19, 2018, 10:05:57 PM »
Had a productive afternoon today. Got the bathroom tile grouted (photo 1). My knees are getting too old for this  :wallbang: but it's done. Now just have to seal it after it dries well. Also got the new throne installed and thought I took a picture of that but can't find it now. Looks good though as toilets go   :toilet_claw:

Then I got one of the new countertops put in and the foredom hanger system installed with swing down LED light.  The little unimat found its place but not tied down yet. The Cowells will go between the unimat and the foredom area. I will take it out tomorrow and figure out final placement for both lathes. Should leave  2 feet or so on the far right side of the counter for something else....future UPT perhaps.  The last two photos show this area. More to come as I get things transferred from home to the man cave.

Bill

Offline Ye-Ole Steam Dude

• Deep East Texas on Sam Rayburn Lake
« Reply #338 on: November 19, 2018, 10:18:45 PM »
Hey Bill,

The counter tops sure look good. You will enjoy all that working space.

Have a great day,
Thomas
Thomas

Offline b.lindsey

• Global Moderator
  • Dallas, NC, USA
    • Workbench-Miniatures
« Reply #339 on: November 19, 2018, 10:25:41 PM »
Thomas that is 10 feet of counter space. The opposite side of the shop will have an additional 18 feet of the same countertop. I am liking how it looks so far. Thanks for looking in.

Bill

Offline Admiral_dk

• Søften - Denmark
« Reply #340 on: November 19, 2018, 10:54:07 PM »
Nice counter and I really like that you have power where ever you need it  :ThumbsUp:

A fine floor in the "booth" too, and though you have the "throne" placed as well, I feel there should go a few more "tight things" up before you start "playing" with water in there  ;)

Offline zeeprogrammer

• West Chester, PA, USA
« Reply #341 on: November 19, 2018, 11:06:17 PM »
Depending on how 'airy' your shop is...I might go ahead and plug that hole until you got your chair (with water) installed.

But I don't how much of that is urban legend.
Carl (aka Zee) Will sometimes respond to 'hey' but never 'hey you'.
"To work. To work."
Zee-Another Thread Trasher.

Offline b.lindsey

• Global Moderator
  • Dallas, NC, USA
    • Workbench-Miniatures
« Reply #342 on: November 19, 2018, 11:08:41 PM »
Yes I agree. All of the plumbing will be checked for leaks before re-insulating the walls and panneling. I still needed to get the floor and grouting done to set the water heater in place though so one step at a time. I don't want more water damage after all this work!!
Bill

Offline b.lindsey

• Global Moderator
  • Dallas, NC, USA
    • Workbench-Miniatures
« Reply #343 on: November 19, 2018, 11:11:15 PM »
Zee, nothing but clean water has gone into the septic system  since I started this or in the 12 years prior. The " hole" is now covered with the new toilet but hasn't been an issue even before that.

Bill

Offline Don1966

• Columbia, MS
« Reply #344 on: November 20, 2018, 01:00:18 AM »
. I still needed to get the floor and grouting done to set the water heater in place though so one step at a time. I don't want more water damage after all this work!!
Bill

Bill I installed a small hot water heater under my vanity for my shop since I do use a lot of hot water. Just saying......

Don

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal