Author Topic: Bill's Shop Renovation  (Read 90317 times)

Offline b.lindsey

• Global Moderator
  • Dallas, NC, USA
    • Workbench-Miniatures
Re: Bill's Shop Renovation
« Reply #210 on: September 09, 2018, 09:01:13 PM »
I have purposely not shown overall inside pics of the shop yet as the countertops are still cluttered and nasty!!  Once I get down to replacing those I will do some before and after shots....making progress but still rather embarrassing at the moment  :-[

Bill

Offline zeeprogrammer

• West Chester, PA, USA
« Reply #211 on: September 09, 2018, 09:20:16 PM »
I have purposely not shown overall inside pics of the shop yet as the countertops are still cluttered and nasty!!

Ha! I was wondering.
Carl (aka Zee) Will sometimes respond to 'hey' but never 'hey you'.
"To work. To work."
Zee-Another Thread Trasher.

Offline crueby

• Rochester NY
« Reply #212 on: September 10, 2018, 08:11:29 PM »
Hey Bill, been seeing on the news that it looks like hurricane Florence is going to dump all over you guys in NC - hope you are able to get the shop/house construction all tied down well before it splatters swarf all over you!

Offline b.lindsey

• Global Moderator
  • Dallas, NC, USA
    • Workbench-Miniatures
« Reply #213 on: September 10, 2018, 08:16:37 PM »
Yes it seems headed our way Chris. I am about 4 hours inland from the coast but could still get tropical storm winds and lots of rain even here. The new house will be fine as it is barely out of the ground. More concerned about trees and loss of power. I still remember Hugo, which came straight in even this far inland. It wasn't pretty!! I am more worried about those on the coast as it is predicted to be a cat 4 when it hits the coast.

Bilk

Offline crueby

• Rochester NY
« Reply #214 on: September 10, 2018, 08:35:49 PM »
Yes it seems headed our way Chris. I am about 4 hours inland from the coast but could still get tropical storm winds and lots of rain even here. The new house will be fine as it is barely out of the ground. More concerned about trees and loss of power. I still remember Hugo, which came straight in even this far inland. It wasn't pretty!! I am more worried about those on the coast as it is predicted to be a cat 4 when it hits the coast.

Bilk
Glad you are farther back inland, that will at least get rid of the tidal surge part of the storm for you.

Offline b.lindsey

• Global Moderator
  • Dallas, NC, USA
    • Workbench-Miniatures
« Reply #215 on: September 11, 2018, 09:27:41 PM »
Just expecting gusty winds and lots of rain locally. Time will tell though.

Today I finished up putting the bench grinder back in running order. Cleaned, painted, new power cord, and new wheels. Looks and runs as good as new now.

Have also finished up the lathe repainting except for the back side. Will need to move it away from the ways though for that. I guess it's back to cleaning up in general now and finishing up the cold saw. The re-siding will have to wait till hurricane Florence passes now.

Bil

Offline zeeprogrammer

• West Chester, PA, USA
« Reply #216 on: September 12, 2018, 01:12:26 AM »
Looks brand new Bill.  :ThumbsUp:

Best wishes on the upcoming storm. That goes to everyone in its path.
Carl (aka Zee) Will sometimes respond to 'hey' but never 'hey you'.
"To work. To work."
Zee-Another Thread Trasher.

Offline Art K

• Madison, Wisconsin USA
« Reply #217 on: September 12, 2018, 02:33:49 AM »
Bill,
I've been hearing on NPR the weather reports for your neck of the woods, don't sound pretty. Slow moving dumping lots of rain. We in Madison WI and vicinity understand that. My side of town got 9 plus inches of rain Cross Plains 20 minutes west got 15.3 a new state record for a 24 hour period. Storm sewers backed up & closed streets ect. Good luck & stay dry, Best wishes.
Art
"The beautiful thing about learning is that no one can take it away from you" B.B. King

Offline Johnmcc69

• Erie Pa., USA
« Reply #218 on: September 12, 2018, 03:11:41 AM »
Great job on the grinder Bill. There's something satisfying about bringing the "old stuff" back to life.

Great looking shop! Looking forward to the projects that come out of it.

John

Offline Kim

• Global Moderator
  • Portland, Oregon, USA
« Reply #219 on: September 12, 2018, 05:57:04 AM »
 The grinder looks as good as new, Bill!

Stay safe!
Kim

Offline gbritnell

« Reply #220 on: September 12, 2018, 11:38:36 AM »
Aw, C'mon Bill, quit teasing us with the beautiful machinery! We want to see some projects.
gbritnell
Talent unshared is talent wasted.

Offline b.lindsey

• Global Moderator
  • Dallas, NC, USA
    • Workbench-Miniatures
« Reply #221 on: September 12, 2018, 02:11:26 PM »
Thanks guys. George...as soon as all the paint dries well I will begin making some chips once again. I need the mill for some continuing ops on the little pearl and the PMR #5. And I will need the lathe to finish of the flywheels for the Parsell and Weeds engine which is otherwise nearly done as far as machining goes.

Bill

Offline Tennessee Whiskey

• Springfield, Tennessee. USA
« Reply #222 on: September 12, 2018, 07:38:37 PM »
Grinder looks great Bill. The stuff built “back in the day” always seems to never wear out and what does can be replaced. Hmmm, kinda sounds like our generation  :lolb:. I know you’re loving the HVAC, another thing our generation is fond of  :naughty:.  Draw the storm shutters and test the pumps: keep us posted.

Eric

Offline Myrickman

« Reply #223 on: September 12, 2018, 10:47:35 PM »
Just read through most of the posts in this thread Bill and you have a nice looking shop coming along. Like the mill ; looks to be more than capable of some serious modeling. Having your dads lathe which was no doubt treated with TLC  is icing on the cake. Stay safe with the coming storms! Paul

Offline b.lindsey

• Global Moderator
  • Dallas, NC, USA
    • Workbench-Miniatures
« Reply #224 on: September 12, 2018, 11:23:22 PM »
Thanks Eric and Paul. Not much to report today but did finish getting the back side of the lathe cleaned and painted, so calling that done other than leveling it once I push it back in place.

Bill

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal