Author Topic: Bill's Shop Renovation  (Read 1396 times)

Offline crueby

• Rochester NY
Re: Bill's Shop Renovation
« Reply #30 on: June 08, 2018, 12:30:39 AM »
Well maybe it hasn't sunk in yet Cletus but I did have to ask the wife what day it was today   :lolb:

Bill
Thats a great start. You will be there when you have to ask what a weekend is!   :Lol:

Offline Art K

« Reply #31 on: June 08, 2018, 03:27:50 AM »
Cletus,
What, you found  RC Cola. Never find it on the turnpike while traveling so I settle for Dr Pepper. Although I'd rather a beer or maybe I should say ale, and Stones, Arrogant Bastard is one my top choices.
Art

Offline b.lindsey

• Global Moderator
  • Dallas, NC, USA
    • Workbench-Miniatures
« Reply #32 on: June 10, 2018, 04:32:44 PM »
A bit more deforestation this morning. The entry side is now fairly clear. You can see the progress in photos 1-3. Next up will be that front corner (photo4). There is one gnarly bush that's going to have to come out a piece at a time as things are unbelievably intertwined.  I cut a lot of the limbs free from the trunk but no joy in pulling them free yet. One step at a time.

Bill

Offline crueby

• Rochester NY
« Reply #33 on: June 10, 2018, 04:35:39 PM »
That one bush may require an air strike...

Offline Jo

• Administrator
  • Hampshire, england.
« Reply #34 on: June 10, 2018, 04:43:56 PM »
Looks like you are only tickling them Bill  :naughty:

If you are taking the roots out I would leave 3 ft of trunk so you have something to get hold of when you pull it out  :ThumbsUp:

They look rather too small to use as fire wood  :thinking: I can recommend Dave's Mulcher for disposing of the stuff and providing you something useful. It was very therapeutic watch it swallow old branches the other day in exchange for garden mulch :D

Jo

P.S. This was one I did earlier  :embarassed:
« Last Edit: June 10, 2018, 04:50:18 PM by Jo »
Usus est optimum magister

Offline b.lindsey

• Global Moderator
  • Dallas, NC, USA
    • Workbench-Miniatures
« Reply #35 on: June 10, 2018, 06:40:09 PM »
There is quite a pile growing now Jo, with more to come. I had thought of mulching, and may do that or just get a construction dumpster, as there is a lot on the inside to be trashed as well, though not botanical stuff.

Bill