Author Topic: My space  (Read 32524 times)

Offline Admiral_dk

• Søften - Denmark
Re: My space
« Reply #60 on: January 23, 2020, 08:56:49 PM »
I will have to be careful about noise transmission but there are two washrooms in the same area so I can blame the noise on them  ::)

I do hope that the Washroom isn't limited to be used from 8:00 to 19:00 as where I lived before, if this is to be your excuse  ;) and how about running your engines ?

Nice to be on the same level as outside when moving stuff in and out though - and I do hope you will end up with a good solution  :cheers:

Online Kim

• Global Moderator
  • Portland, Oregon, USA
« Reply #61 on: January 24, 2020, 01:34:48 AM »
Nice place you've got there Roger!
Kim

Online Roger B

• Global Moderator
  • Switzerland
« Reply #62 on: January 24, 2020, 12:13:55 PM »
Thank you all for the comments  :ThumbsUp:

The cellar workshop is directly above the supermarket so noise during opening hours (8-20 closed on Sunday) shouldn't be a problem. There is nowhere I can see where I can weld so that will have to be done in the welding bay at work.
The R&D area is more of a problem. As long as I use silencers I can probably run the petrol engines on our road facing balcony. Until I get better combustion in the diesel and much less smoke I will need to use the welding bay at work (10-15mins walk).

The new apartment set up is quite interesting. It's in a village of around 14 000 people with a direct 1/2 hourly (1/4 hourly at peak times) rail link to Zürich. There are 54 apartments built in blocks of 6 above a shopping complex with a supermarket, chemist, optician and cafe. Parking is underground with two separate underground garages for the residents. There is a green space / play area on top of the shops which is surrounded by the cellars/laundry rooms. The apartments are then above these. We can push a shopping trolly from the cashier to the lift and then directly into the kitchen  :). The station is about 5 mins walk and there is a bus stop outside the door. Very much suited for car free living  :ThumbsUp:
Best regards

Roger

Online Roger B

• Global Moderator
  • Switzerland
« Reply #63 on: February 13, 2020, 04:30:52 PM »
Nearly there now, the shelves need a bit more sorting but most things are in place.

Who still uses a proper cordless drill and round head black japanned screws?  :old:

I can now start on the first real engine job, sort out the electrics for the twin  :)  :)
Best regards

Roger

Offline crueby

• Rochester NY
« Reply #64 on: February 13, 2020, 04:35:03 PM »
I got on of thos drills around here someplace... have not used it in a long time since the 'motor' would get tired too soon!

Online Roger B

• Global Moderator
  • Switzerland
« Reply #65 on: May 17, 2020, 03:19:20 PM »
As I no longer have the convenient wall outside the garage for engine testing I have bought a portable workbench so I can try out the underground garage, a bit dark, no power sockets but very good extraction or the balcony, may upset the neighbours without good silencing.

I hope it will be heavy enough to reduce the vibration  ::) There was a cheaper plastic version but I didn't think that it would cope.
Best regards

Roger

Offline Admiral_dk

• Søften - Denmark
« Reply #66 on: May 17, 2020, 08:41:21 PM »
Well you adjust to the circumstances and prevail (hopefully not a too loud engine)  :ThumbsUp:

I ended up buying a house 12 years ago, so I could do (almost) what I want to do  :D

Online Roger B

• Global Moderator
  • Switzerland
« Reply #67 on: May 12, 2022, 07:49:55 PM »
My employer is having another workshop clear out as we are consolidating in one site in the village. There were a few interesting bits, a set of PB ball ended hex keys, assorted polishing stones and some strange Swiss files. There were a couple of very short ones and one with two blank parallel sides 3.5mm wide and two cutting sides around 3.8mm wide. I guess it may be for finishing keyways  :headscratch:
The next batch had some 5mm long series drills, a new DuMont 3mm keyway broach  :) and a selection of milling cutters. I would guess that the Clarkson FC3 2mm endmills have been in a drawer for more than 20 years  ::)
Best regards

Roger

Offline propforward

• MN, USA
« Reply #68 on: May 12, 2022, 10:52:12 PM »
 :ThumbsUp: :ThumbsUp:

Excellent acquisitions. I love acquiring tools (don't we all?) - but somehow acquiring good, used / lightly used tools at low cost is the best.

Sounds like an idea for a thread. "My latest (tool) score".

Your workshop looks grand Roger - superb organization.
Stuart

Forging ahead regardless.

Offline Dave Otto

• Boise, Idaho USA
    • Photo Bucket
« Reply #69 on: May 13, 2022, 01:19:46 AM »
Nice!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal