Author Topic: Zee Needs Popcorn  (Read 57278 times)

Offline gerritv

• St Catharines, ON
Re: Zee Needs Popcorn
« Reply #585 on: November 05, 2018, 07:22:18 PM »
And then dump your iPad, or give it to someone that you don't like.

Re: connecting the iPad to your PC, did you browse around using Windows Explorer? Apple has potentially hidden the photos away in some obscurely named folder.

Other hints:
https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201302
https://www.techwalla.com/articles/how-to-transfer-photos-from-your-iphone-to-a-pc

Lots of others as well but they of course want you to buy an app from the App Store :-(

Gerrit
Don't confuse activity with progress

Offline Roger B

• Global Moderator
  • Switzerland
« Reply #586 on: November 05, 2018, 08:42:30 PM »
I am one of those Autistic/Aspergers people. I run two+ back ups,  Pictures are not deleted from the camera until they are on my offsite back up (at my workplace 4 km from here). When I make a new offsite back up the previous one comes home ready to restart the cycle. I assume that if my home and workplace no longer exist I will probably not care anymore.
Best regards

Roger

Offline b.lindsey

• Global Moderator
  • Dallas, NC, USA
    • Workbench-Miniatures
« Reply #587 on: November 05, 2018, 11:50:09 PM »
Hope you get it sorted out Zee. Weren't computers supposed to make out lives easier??  :lolb:

Bill

Offline zeeprogrammer

• West Chester, PA, USA
« Reply #588 on: November 08, 2018, 04:14:04 PM »
Weren't computers supposed to make out lives easier??

Don't get me started.

The computer isn't the problem. It's the designers who change things for the sake of change and not value.
Carl (aka Zee) Will sometimes respond to 'hey' but never 'hey you'.
"To work. To work."
Zee-Another Thread Trasher.

Offline Ye-Ole Steam Dude

• Deep East Texas on Sam Rayburn Lake
« Reply #589 on: November 08, 2018, 04:50:39 PM »
Weren't computers supposed to make out lives easier??

Don't get me started.

The computer isn't the problem. It's the designers who change things for the sake of change and not value.

Hello Zee,

I have quite a few design software that will not run in Windows 7 or any later version. I have to keep two extra computers running XP to be able to use the programs. One is AutoCAD which is fairly costly and it would have been so easy for Windows 7 to "program in" and allow this and other like software. Oh well.

Have a great day,
Thomas
Thomas

Offline Tennessee Whiskey

• Springfield, Tennessee. USA
« Reply #590 on: November 08, 2018, 07:29:04 PM »
The way I see it is: if programs didn’t change, we wouldn’t need new programmers, and if we didn’t have new programmers, programs wouldn’t change. Hey, no need of wasting those student loans and second mortgages  :shrug: :lolb:

Offline zeeprogrammer

• West Chester, PA, USA
« Reply #591 on: November 09, 2018, 07:34:36 PM »
On Chris's thread, Eric asked how the 'steam cooking thingy' worked on our road trip.
Rather than (continue) trashing Chris's thread...I'll reply in my own (very) trashed thread...

T got an 'insta-pot', much like a cross between a pressure cooker and a crock pot.
She took along spices, condiments, utensils, not to mention a cooler with perishables,...basically a small kitchen.
She was prepared to cook up anything we wanted on the trip. Just had to hit the grocery store for the main ingredient like chicken or pork.

It was great. She'd fix up a meal in the hotel room. Enough for an additional one or two more dinners with the hotel's microwave.
It was easy for me to do dishes too in the bathroom sink.

Cheaper than eating out and always more delicious.

On our trip we were told about a fantastic sea food restaurant where people would wait in line well before it even opens for the evening.
Sure enough, about an hour before it opened we were about 5th in line and the line just kept growing.

It was a bust. Food was lousy. Where they got this reputation, I don't know.

We had dinner at a couple of other restaurants while on the trip. Just the usual restaurant fare and never as good as T's cooking.

We'll stick with the 'insty-pot'.

My only issue is the electric cooler that I have to lug in and out. She fills it to the gills and it's mostly with "just in case" stuff.
I've been making my case for a smaller cooler but to no avail.

I'd really like to find a system that allows me to leave the cooler in the car at night but still run.
There are things out there but I haven't found the right one yet.

And...I'll ask the question for you..."When is this thread getting back on track?"

Being identical to all my trashed threads...I would argue that it IS on track.  ;D
"To work. To work."

Offline crueby

• Rochester NY
« Reply #592 on: November 09, 2018, 07:47:22 PM »
Good to have you 'back on track!'

Offline Tennessee Whiskey

• Springfield, Tennessee. USA
« Reply #593 on: November 09, 2018, 08:05:55 PM »
Howdy pardner. Well since I learned that I know nothing about vintage tracked vehicles over there on Papa Elves thread, I’ll help you trash yours :lolb: :lolb:. Great news on the product review. Cooking with steam is awesome in many ways in regards to retaining flavor and tenderness. I’ve seen many “lesser cuts” of meat cooked with steam and then finished in other ways and it was tender and moist. See, you are now getting why Lou and I like the RV’ing: food is cheaper and better, cocktails are cheaper and stronger, and I don’t have to worry about who did what in the bed the stay before. On the cooler thingy: I have no affiliation, but, I have to swear by Yeti. There are other brands that are as good maybe better, but I’ve used theirs. With proper packing, icing, and a little judicial use of dry ice, 7-10 days is no problem. That way you could just leave it in the vehicle and take in what you needed without external support to the cooler. Also, get you one of those small two wheeled collapsible dollies what for rolling crap into the room, saves the back. So, it’s Friday, what y’all having for supper? Gee, I’m glad y’all are back  8) :lolb:

Cletus

Offline Maryak

• Rest In Peace
  • Aldinga Beach South Australia
« Reply #594 on: November 09, 2018, 08:19:41 PM »
Hi Zee,

On my yacht I had a 12V/240V 30ltr fridge. Cool then fill at home on 240V then stow near galley on yacht connect to 12V. Also worked well off the cigarette socket in the car.
Sorry can't remember the brand but every caravan and camping store in Oz sells them.

HTH Regards Bob

Если вы у Тетушки были яйца, она была бы Дядюшкой

Offline Steamer5

• Global Moderator
  • The "Naki" New Zealand
« Reply #595 on: November 10, 2018, 07:42:19 AM »
 :whoohoo: Zee’s back!

Good thing the  :popcorn: planted & growing strong! Sounds like you need to upgrade the cooler Zee, wrap it in an RV!  : :lolb:

Looking forward to updates

Cheers Kerrin
Get excited and make something!

Offline MJM460

• Melbourne, Australia
« Reply #596 on: November 10, 2018, 07:57:47 AM »
Good to see you back Zee.  On the fridge conumdrum, I suggest you follow Kerrins idea and wrap it in an RV.  Failing that, Tennessee's wheeley trolley, as a loaded fridge is heavy to move.  Portable is a relative term.

It is very hard to store enough power in batteries to run a fridge overnight in the car, and then only the compressor type, unless they allow you to run a power cord out to the car from the room.  Not always practical though.

Peltier types and absorption types use too much power to run on 12V without the engine running, too dangerous to run gas in the car, compressor type possible especially if you have a dual battery system installed.  But what use are all the ingredients if they are all locked out in the car?

MJM460
The more I learn, the more I find that I still have to learn!

Offline zeeprogrammer

• West Chester, PA, USA
« Reply #597 on: November 11, 2018, 03:41:25 PM »
Thanks all.

We had considered an RV but we don't seem to be the RV type. We thought it might make more sense out west but less so around here.
A number of things dissuaded us...cost, ease of driving in tight places, having to make beds or cook breakfast (we went for hotels that included breakfast), finding a park, clean toilets, etc.
I looked into one of those 'mini RV' which is slightly larger than full-size van or about the size of small hotel shuttles, but the cost is way out there for the few trips we plan.

As for the cooler...I'm looking into portable power packs that can be charged from the car and used to power the cooler at night.
We're not talking refrigerator or ice making here. Just a 12V cooler.
I'm doing some research to see how long the power pack lasts and how long it takes to charge.

But what use are all the ingredients if they are all locked out in the car?

Meal was chosen before hitting the hotel. We just took in what was needed.
Sometimes we forgot something but it was easy to run out and get it.
"To work. To work."

Offline Dave Otto

• Boise, Idaho USA
    • Photo Bucket
« Reply #598 on: November 11, 2018, 04:13:24 PM »
Pretty much all hotels have free ice, I'm with Eric here. Get a high quality cooler and use ice; in the morning before you hit the road, drain the water, top off the ice and you are ready to go.
I do this with a small cooler when I travel but it is only for bottled water and beer. :D

Dave

Offline zeeprogrammer

• West Chester, PA, USA
« Reply #599 on: November 11, 2018, 05:43:39 PM »
Pretty much all hotels have free ice, I'm with Eric here. Get a high quality cooler and use ice; in the morning before you hit the road, drain the water, top off the ice and you are ready to go.
I do this with a small cooler when I travel but it is only for bottled water and beer. :D

Most of the hotels we stayed at also had signs that said ice wasn't for coolers. Understandable as it could empty out the ice machine pretty quick. Although we did sometimes load a baggie with some ice and put it in the cooler.

Otherwise, ice adds weight. Fine for the small cooler of water and beer. Not so fine for the cooler of cheese, meats, and veggies.  ;D

Not to mention we stayed with some family who don't have sufficient ice and in some places was a right pain to go out and find some (we have some family out in the sticks).
"To work. To work."

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal