Help! > Specific Engine Help

Stuart Victoria help needed

(1/5) > >>

Ramon Wilson:
Hello guys - I'm really hoping someone can help me here

I visited a good friend this morning - the one who helped me install my mill a while back. Sadly he has not long with us due to the dreaded PC. He bought many years ago an old Stuart Victoria that is, lets say, built in a rather mediocre fashion that he would like to pass on to his son in law. It is not in running order though turns over well enough and despite some serious play in the valve linkage looks as if it should. He has asked me if I could get it running for him. I've taken a look - not good ::) but I'll try my best.

Typically I disposed of my well faded but readable, Victoria drawings, no more than a month ago on a clear up.

Before I make a calculated guess at what it should be can anyone tell me the following three things

Dimensions of the porting in the valve face - width of slots and spacing (I know they are cast in but the desired dimension as drawn)

The dimension of the cavity in the valve face fore and aft and the dimension of the valve face overall fore and aft

If anyone has a set of these drawings and could just post these dims I really would appreciate it.

Regards - Tug

PS I really hate to say this but time is of the essence - there's not long to get this done if you see what I mean :(

Jasonb:
Ramon, I can help you out with the Beam drawings which like several of the engines share the same cylinder etc so that will hopefully do you unless you get a better offer. Will e-mail them to you.

J

Ramon Wilson:
Thanks Jason but just to say - all sorted  :ThumbsUp:

Remembered after posting a friend had built one years ago so a call later I have all the info - thanks again

Ramon

Jo:
Hi Tug,

Cylinder and valve as requested..

Jo

Tennessee Whiskey:
Sounds like you have it sorted  :ThumbsUp:. Now, here’s what is “creepy” . I just started watching at about 3:00am this morning, a Victoria build by Keith Appleton, and gave thought to purchasing the castings. Gotta go, off to buy lotto tickets: this is an omen  :old:

Cletus

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version