Author Topic: A New Model Clerget Rotary Engine for sale  (Read 1259 times)

Offline Ramon Wilson

• Suffolk in the UK
A New Model Clerget Rotary Engine for sale
« on: May 14, 2018, 10:53:29 PM »
Hi Guys - don't get too excited as it's not 'for us' as such but I just saw this and thought you might like to see it too.

This 'model' is around 35mm overall diameter (yes that is 35mm) and is made from cast resin. It will eventually be available as a kit of parts for an 'aftermarket' engine for a range of WWI 1/32 scale plastic model aircraft. Everything is made individually right down to the smallest of nuts (They are even castellated on the prop bolts).

If you have a further interest there are a shed load of pics of its manufacture here https://forum.ww1aircraftmodels.com/index.php?topic=8017.60

I think you'll agree, it's a remarkable piece of miniature workmanship even if it doesn't 'work'.

Hope you enjoy it as much as I have (and no, I have no connection and no intention of buying one - my eyes just wouldn't cope I fear)

Regards - Tug
"I ain't here for the long time but I am here for a good time"
(a very apt phrase - thanks to a well meaning MEM friend)

Offline Jasonb

• Surrey, UK
Re: A New Model Clerget Rotary Engine for sale
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2018, 07:27:37 AM »
Thanks for that Ramon, some very detailed work there. I wonder how many he will be able to pull from the mould before it becomes too damages, those fins will be the weakest part and likely to tear off as the part is removed from the mould.

I do miss the smell of PU resin having not made any figures for a while and even longer since I worked with any after market add-ons for AFVs, Might justhave to go and cut a bit of the grey army to remind myself

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal