Author Topic: Hello from Indiana!  (Read 1040 times)

Offline bspurge

Hello from Indiana!
« on: April 18, 2018, 05:35:38 AM »
Hi everyone,

I'm currently an A&P Mechanic working in general aviation servicing Cirrus, Cessna, Diamond, Piper and occasionally tinkering on Enstrom helicopters. Previously I was at SkyWest servicing CRJ-200s. I am also a student going for my bachelor's degree in Mechanical Engineering Technology.
Power tools are not new to me but using the lathe and mill are. So far I've created a tensile specimen and working towards finishing a small clamp. My father was a machinist for 15 years and has a lot of experience with wood working. My parents house is basically a small factory with all the machinery, Three lathes, Milling machine, Drill press, Band-saw, Shop Sabre CNC, along with all the tools. My uncle has a CNC mill that I plan on using as well. First build should start after the semester ends!

Stay tuned
-B

Online Kim

• Global Moderator
  • Portland, Oregon, USA
Re: Hello from Indiana!
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2018, 06:32:15 AM »
Hi bspurge,
Welcome to the forum!  Love to see what your working on, and what equipment you have.  sounds like you've got a good set of tools available to you.
Kim

Offline tvoght

• Indiana
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2018, 02:33:48 PM »
Welcome from another Hoosier.
--Tim

Offline b.lindsey

• Global Moderator
  • Dallas, NC, USA
    • Workbench-Miniatures
« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2018, 02:46:56 PM »
Welcome to the forum B. Sounds like you will fit right in here. Glad to have you.

Bill

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal