Author Topic: Edgar T Westbury engines- current market value  (Read 2262 times)

Offline Trevorc

Edgar T Westbury engines- current market value
« on: April 25, 2018, 07:27:21 PM »
Hello one and all. I attended the Dreweatts Transport sale at Donnington Priory Newbury UK today.
Approximately 130 lots of steam locomotive, stationary steam engines and internal combustion engines.
Amongst the i/c engines were two examples of the work of ETW.
First there was a well engineered modified Dolphin engine enlarged to 14 cc thiswent for£750 plus 29% buyers premium. (£970) total. It is quite possible that a member of this forum was the purchaser.
Next  was a modified version of ETWs Whippet water cooled engine, again plenty of interest and i managed to get for £580 including buyers premium. Sorry if you were the underbidder for this engine!!
One observation was that the majority of people in the room were 60 plus. The only ones with spare cash?
Finally does anybody know when the Whippet may have been covered in the Model Engineer?
Regards trrvorc

Online Jo

• Administrator
  • Hampshire, england.
Re: Edgar T Westbury engines- current market value
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2018, 07:31:26 PM »
Finally does anybody know when the Whippet may have been covered in the Model Engineer?

1963, 1st June starting page 91  ;)

There is more details on the Whippet on Ron's site: http://www.modelenginenews.org/projects/whippet/index.html

Jo
« Last Edit: April 25, 2018, 08:30:27 PM by Jo »
Enjoyment is more important than achievement.

Offline Trevorc

« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2018, 07:48:31 PM »
I figured that somebody would know faster than i could find the index,,Thank you Jo.
Trevorc

Offline kvom

« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2018, 08:04:30 PM »
29% buyers premium? :o

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal