Author Topic: sandvik parting insert  (Read 1456 times)

Offline Bertie_Bassett

sandvik parting insert
« on: March 18, 2018, 03:40:11 PM »
im probably being simple but can anyone tell me where to get reasonably priced inserts for a sandvik parting blade?
looking around online it would seem they may be size 21, although that doesn't seem to help much

the holder i have is a 151.2-21-30 and the original insert had 235 on it. My searching around indicates these were for stainless and rough castings but at around £13 per insert they are a bit more then id like to pay for playing around in the workshop.

does anyone know of a reasonably priced source? id like to get some aluminium grade ones too, but untill i know what to search for ima t a bit of a loss.

alternatively ill just get a new holder and some generic inserts, GTN3 looks to be a standard size??
one day ill finish a project before starting another!
suffolk - uk

Offline Bertie_Bassett

Re: sandvik parting insert
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2018, 03:44:44 PM »
hmm im sure i attached a photo -  will try again
one day ill finish a project before starting another!
suffolk - uk

Offline cncjunior

« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2018, 04:36:07 PM »
Hi Bertie,

The inserts that go with that are Sandvik N151.2-300-4E grade 235.  The size of the insert is N151.2-300, the4E is the chip breaker style and can be 4E, 5E, or 7E.  I'm not sure of what chip breaker would be best for your needs.  The grade needed will depend on the material needed and current grades are 1145 for steel/cast iron/ possibly general purpose and 1125 that is general purpose.  There are some grades that are general purpose and those that are more tailored to aluminum or stainless.  The N means that the face angle is Neutral.  Beginning letters R, and L are have an angle on the face and are used when part off pip needs to be managed.

https://www.sandvik.coromant.com/en-gb/products/Pages/productdetails.aspx?c=151.2-21-30   This shows your part off blade.  There is a tab that displays the inserts.

As far as where to buy, fleabay might be the answer if you are wanting to save on the cost.

Cheers,

Daniel
« Last Edit: March 18, 2018, 04:47:44 PM by cncjunior »

Offline Muzzer

« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2018, 09:56:31 PM »
For aluminium you want the "H01" grade inserts but they aren't easy to come by. The GTN-3 (3mm width) is widely available from various manufacturers. For Korloy, you'd want "SP300" inserts, so search for "SP300 H01".

Here's one hit from Aliexpress: https://www.aliexpress.com/item/New-Korloy-Good-Quality-Carbide-Inserts-SP300-H01-Turning-Tool-Single-Head-Grooving-Cutter-3MM/1000004722152.html

Murray

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal