Author Topic: East coast RepRap fesitval  (Read 4989 times)

Offline Tin Falcon

• Down Jersey USA
East coast RepRap fesitval
« on: March 09, 2018, 11:19:05 PM »
What :East Coast RepRrap festival
When : June 22-24 2018
Where: APG Federal Credit Union Arena Bel Air MD
Why for fun  sign up as an exhibitor an bring your printer(S)
or attend and join the fun.

For more info here is the web page. Ticket $10
http://eastcoastreprapfestival.com/

Offline crueby

• Rochester NY
Re: East coast RepRap fesitval
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2018, 11:33:39 PM »
Hey Tin, I'll bite - what is a 'RepRap'???

Offline Tin Falcon

• Down Jersey USA
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2018, 11:59:16 PM »
RepRap (short for Replication Rapid prototyper) is a British project founded in 2005 that has the goal of producing a 3D printer capable of printing another, functioning 3D printer. RepRap is also the name branded on the printers produced through the enterprise.
In a nutshell most home built or kit build 3d printers.
Sorry though everyone knew this silly me.
Tin

Offline crueby

• Rochester NY
« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2018, 12:07:49 AM »
That makes more sense, I thought it was a Republican rapper or something.

Though, the self replicating printer sounds like the back story for the Terminator movies.

Sounds like there should be lots of great stuff there!

Offline Tin Falcon

• Down Jersey USA
« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2018, 12:19:20 AM »
https://www.eventbrite.com/e/east-coast-reprap-festival-tickets-43105061399
The above link has more details .
Yes should be a fun time kind of like cabin fever for 3d printers.
Figured some of the CF regulars with 3d printer may be interested.
Not a far trip for me closer than CF.
One of the events is a 3d printed pine wood derby race.

We are inviting you, the 3D printing community, to come and exhibit your 3D printers with us, from small and simple to large and exotic. Come to show off your 3D printers in action, show off the cool things you have created with your 3D printers too. Come be part of the biggest 3D printing show on the East Coast!

And if you don't bring your own 3D printing stuff to show off, come to see other's printers in action. Come to see the things they printed, come to see the things they are printing!

Spaceships & rockets
Droids & blasters
Working violins & guitars
Furniture
R/C cars, drones and planes
Replications of artifacts
Artworks of all types, sizes, shapes and colors!

Offline littlelocos

« Reply #5 on: March 18, 2018, 12:26:27 AM »
Hey Tin,
Sounds like fun....and nearly in my own back yard.
Thanks for the tip.
Todd.

Offline Tin Falcon

• Down Jersey USA
« Reply #6 on: March 19, 2018, 01:18:03 AM »
About an hour and a half drive for me Not bad . about the same as Kinzers.
a little more restrictive than CF. a space is a table 4ft x 30 inches and it is highly recommended to bring your own extension cord and power strip if you are exhibiting  a printer. Also not allowed to bring in your own food and drink, ugh but doable. I hope to go need to find out a few more details  will probably do Saturday to avoid hotel fees. I know a few from the area have printers Dave reeves and Stan  Shires come to mind.  Not too far a ride for any of them . .

Offline Tin Falcon

• Down Jersey USA
« Reply #7 on: March 24, 2018, 07:57:53 PM »
SOOO is any one else out there considering  exhibiting at this event ?? or even showing up as an onlooker?

Offline Tin Falcon

• Down Jersey USA
« Reply #8 on: June 13, 2018, 01:39:06 AM »
Just purchased my exhibitor ticket . Anyone else planning on going ??Over the last few weeks I watched a few videos on MRRF several of the well know 3d printing personalities were there . It will be interesting to see who showes up for ERRF. Apparently folks from 18 countries  showed up to MRRF . Just 10 days to go.

Offline Tin Falcon

• Down Jersey USA
« Reply #9 on: June 25, 2018, 12:29:46 AM »
This was IMHO truly a great event for 3d printers. It was an inaugural event. The vendors/sponsors booths were full. the folks from folger tech were actualy out for a show and I had a nice conversation with John. the folks from Prussia we were there . Joe was not able to make it He was doing the maker fair in Prague . The E3d folks flew in from oxford UK and sponsored the evening event.

Other sponsors included Enable the prosthetic organisation. Capricorn tubing. Imade 3d http://shop.imade3d.com/jellybox-3dprin … d-kit.html an educational kit reminiscent of the original reprap. G create, printer bot 3d printers,Robo 3 d printers . Maker box 3d filament samples . Printed sold (My favorite  local store) , Central Pensyvania open source conference. OSH park purple  circuit boards. M3D, proto pasta ,build tak and gecko tek  bed surfaces and bud industries 3d printed decor furniture ect.

There was local guy there doing impressive upgrades and builds on Davincis. and many impressive rep rap type projects some very large and sturdy. Lot of 3d printed stuff.

There is plenty of open space for additional exhibitors. So plenty of room to grow. I found load in on Saturday morning easy and painless as was load out Saturday evening. A separate entrance for visitors and onlookers, Is great feature of this show. There were plenty of outlets with professional grade power distribution boxes at the end of every row and bridges in the aisles to protect the many cables But still provide handicap accessibility. . The arena  facility with the second level offers a great vantage point of the show floor that i have not experienced before. Table spacing was great offing ample room for both exhibitors and spectators. Table space was a full table.
I have never participated a show of this type but in my opinion it was a very well organised show and seemed to be well attended. people were there from all over the east coast from Florida to Canada and parts in between.
This show is a great resource to meet the companies that support this hobby and meet fellow enthusiasts.
It was interesting met a few people that have attended cabin fever . Even chatted with a guy who teaches at Thadeus Stevens and was involved with make 717.

If there is interest i can post some photos and links to sponsors.

IMHO you guys missed a truly great event.

Tin Falcon

« Last Edit: June 25, 2018, 12:46:20 AM by Tin Falcon »

Offline Steam Haulage

• Notts UK
« Reply #10 on: June 25, 2018, 08:46:22 AM »
Photos? Yes please.
Jerry
Dogs look up to you, cats look down on you, pigs treat you as equal.

Offline Tin Falcon

• Down Jersey USA
« Reply #11 on: June 25, 2018, 11:26:18 AM »
will post some this evening

Offline cheepo45

« Reply #12 on: June 25, 2018, 04:17:37 PM »
Did you bring your steam engines? :)

Offline Tin Falcon

• Down Jersey USA
« Reply #13 on: June 26, 2018, 12:27:17 AM »
At steam haulage I will get some photos up .
At cheapo no i did not take my engines.
Several reasons  space somewhat limited and not realy set up for air
and this event is limited to 3d printing. I thought about bringing the one completed 3d printed engine. But you know what happens to engines that are not running? People have too play with them until they are wrecked.
I had a couple show and tell items bite the dust because of carelessness. (Mostly my own) just need to print some more.
There was a guy making model mini 3d printers I told him he  should bring them to cabin fever.

Here is a link to thre ERRF twitter page will give you some photos to look at.
https://twitter.com/ERRF2018/media
« Last Edit: June 26, 2018, 01:23:09 AM by Tin Falcon »

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal