Author Topic: Help! Kiwi ignition  (Read 1849 times)

Offline JR72

Help! Kiwi ignition
« on: February 14, 2018, 03:36:57 PM »
Hi,
I am currently coming to the end of a Kiwi MKII build and am stuck for the ignition contactor points. The points needed when the engine was first designed was Delco-Remy 1842058 which are no longer produced. Can anyone help me with an alternative make and catalogue number and a supplier (preferably UK based) where I can purchase the points also if they supply coils, spark plug connectors etc that would be even better.
Looking forward to any help.
Many thanks

John

Offline Chipswitheverything

Re: Help! Kiwi ignition
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2018, 10:32:05 PM »
Hi John, when I said to you," stick the Kiwi engine points problem onto the Forum and someone is bound to come up with the very thing by the next day", I really was thinking that I was being helpful.....    ( But now that I have replied, you won't even get the MEM consolation prize for the most number of reads and the fewest number of replies!, sorry....)    Dave

Offline fumopuc

• Munich, Germany, EU
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2018, 04:24:07 AM »
The Delco Part number is in the list. ES277
http://www.jbvintagespares.co.uk/shop/4561158208/original-point-sets/9361379
Unfortunately sold out, but may be these guys can help.
Kind Regards
Achim

Offline vcutajar

• Marsascala, MALTA
« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2018, 05:17:59 AM »
Hi John

When I bought the make-and-break assembly for my Kiwi, the seller sent me two as he was trying to get rid of them.  If I find the spare one I can send it to you.  Give me some time to look for it.

Vince

Offline michaelr

« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2018, 09:09:26 AM »
This Company ( UK ) may have what you need I have used them for ignition parts for my engines. http://www.gsparkplug.com/

Mike.

Offline JR72

« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2018, 03:45:16 PM »
Thank you Dave, Achim, Vince and Mike for replying to my help request re. ignition parts. There is a lot to browse through on the sites suggested by Achim and Mike which I will do as there are other parts that I will probably need. I would like to take up Vince`s offer of his spare set of points as I Know that they fit his model kiwi.

Thanks again guys I am very grateful for your help

John

Offline vcutajar

• Marsascala, MALTA
« Reply #6 on: February 21, 2018, 05:41:19 PM »
Hi John

Good thing you sent a PM because I had totally forgotten about it.  I guess it is an age thing :old:.

I went back to the workshop to look for it.  I know I saw it recently but it took a while to find it through all the bits and pieces lying around with the new project.

Here it is:

It was still in the original envelope I received it in (July 2012).  I know it is a direct replacement and as you know it works.  I will send you also something extra which you might need and I never used.

Send me you postal address by PM so that I can send it to you.

Vince
« Last Edit: February 21, 2018, 08:33:11 PM by vcutajar »

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal