Author Topic: Live Steam Magazine(Lombard!)  (Read 3187 times)

Offline crueby

• Rochester NY
Re: Live Steam Magazine(Lombard!)
« Reply #15 on: February 14, 2018, 08:12:04 PM »
Thanks guys!

Brilliant Result. You definitely earned it. Take the day off.

Cheers

Tom
Actually, I've taken several days off the Marion build to get my submarine ready in time for the next run...!

:cheers:

Offline Farmboy

• England
« Reply #16 on: February 14, 2018, 08:55:36 PM »
Actually, I've taken several days off the Marion build to get my submarine ready in time for the next run...!

That's all very well, but some of us are getting withdrawal symptoms on the other thread . . .  :shrug:

But seriously, great news about the magazine articles  :cheers: . . . hope they've booked the follow-up series on the Marion  :atcomputer:

Offline crueby

• Rochester NY
« Reply #17 on: February 14, 2018, 09:19:18 PM »

That's all very well, but some of us are getting withdrawal symptoms on the other thread . . .  :shrug:

But seriously, great news about the magazine articles  :cheers: . . . hope they've booked the follow-up series on the Marion  :atcomputer:
Sorry about the withdrawal symptoms, treatment involves cookies, casting fondling, and making something, anything. Repeat as necessary!   :Lol:

I'll put up some progress pics of the sub later, am finishing up the prop gimbals now.

I met with the editor at Cabin Fever, he is very interested in the Marion build, he is a steam shovel enthusiast too. We talked about my ideas for that, to weave in more history of the company and development of the shovels, inventions in them, etc along with the plans and techniques for the parts, I am still researching and outlining, will start writing soon. Should be a good series, but won't print till the Lombard series is done.

Offline Flyboy Jim

• Independence, Oregon
« Reply #18 on: February 15, 2018, 04:45:20 AM »
Congratulations Chris! This is one heck of an accomplishment for you!  :ThumbsUp: It"s really been enjoyable to follow along on the entire project, right from the start.

Jim
Sherline 4400 Lathe
Sherline 5400 Mill
"You can do small things on big machines, but you can do small things on small machines".

Offline Larry

• Atlanta, GA
« Reply #19 on: February 16, 2018, 03:57:26 AM »
Received my copy today - Congratulations !

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal