Author Topic: new engine i thought i bought  (Read 1238 times)

Offline the engineer

• live, love,forgive,= life
new engine i thought i bought
« on: February 17, 2018, 07:02:37 PM »
hi john here i bought this little casting set on ebay i worked out that i was an elmer wall 30 :cartwheel:
duly won the auction ,item shipped to the global shipping program
item deemed dangerous goods due to the words, propane ,butane included in the description as you can see no butane or propane in parts in photo thats what  it can run on when completed.
ITEM DESTROYED MONEY REFUNDED
a great little peice of american model engine history destroyed due to words only  :Mad:
 tried to intervene in the disposal  and explained reasoning and supplied photos to no avail
all they needed to do was inspect the parcel  but no would not budge  restricted items are destroyed period was the answer

Offline b.lindsey

• Global Moderator
  • Dallas, NC, USA
    • Workbench-Miniatures
Re: new engine i thought i bought
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2018, 11:00:03 PM »
Wow!!! What a shame. That looks like a very nice set of castings too.

Bill

Offline the engineer

• live, love,forgive,= life
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2018, 04:19:19 AM »
 yes i possibly will never get another chance to own a  wall engine they dont come  at a price i can afford very often still trying to get an answer to see if they have actually been destroyed yet no one wants to check and see even with showing them pictures that they are wrong and in no way could they be dangerous goods which they now agree was the wrong call( too hard basket) i wonder how far they would go if it was one of their own

Offline b.lindsey

• Global Moderator
  • Dallas, NC, USA
    • Workbench-Miniatures
« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2018, 12:36:04 PM »
That sounds like a glimmer of hope anyway. If they are that slow in checking, then one can hope that are that slow in destroying the "contraband" as well.  Keep us posted please.

Bill

Offline Mcgyver

• Toronto
« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2018, 01:46:17 PM »
wow, who would do the destroying?  ebay?  (don't know how this global shipping thing works). 

That's like a story from some dystopian world, based on a keyword things are set in motion with no chance of appeal or even speaking with a human who'd get it and can intervene.   How can they do that?  What's next, summary executions if somene texts something like that car is da bomb (oooops now I've done it, see that my tools go to a good home)

Offline Swarf Maker

« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2018, 02:05:55 PM »
Have you tried the 'vintage' - therefore 'historical significance' route?

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal