Author Topic: Items ordered from M.S.C.  (Read 1131 times)

Offline Dreeves

Items ordered from M.S.C.
« on: February 15, 2018, 12:52:22 PM »
I placed an order last night with MSC (Manhattan Supply Company) I bought for some drill rod and a new saw blade. In the past my orders almost always came from the Harrisburg PA location unless it was an odd item. In almost every order it came next day for the same shipping price.  I was told that they have changed there shippping system and that I would get my order in 3-4 days from Atlanta GA.  I could pay $22.00 to get it next day. As you can guess I was not to happy with this and explained to her I would most likely not be placing any further orders with them as the main reason was the next day delivery of my orders. The lady taking my order was apologetic but offered no other help. It was a good run but will move on to the smaller suppliers who like the small guys like us

Dave

Offline steamer

• Global Moderator
  • Central Massachusetts, USA
Re: Items ordered from M.S.C.
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2018, 01:29:13 PM »
Wow....ive ordered from them for years because it was over night.....thats too bad...
"Mister M'Andrew, don't you think steam spoils romance at sea?"
Damned ijjit!

Offline b.lindsey

• Global Moderator
  • Dallas, NC, USA
    • Workbench-Miniatures
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2018, 02:46:52 PM »
Virtually everything I order from them comes out of Atlanta, but being much closer, it still arrives next day. I wonder if they are consolidating their distribution centers and have now dropped Harrisburg? You guys are welcome to move down here :)

Bill

Offline Dreeves

« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2018, 03:31:48 PM »
Thanks Bill but I think I will stay. It's closer to Cabin Fever. I know people down there who don't come up here. Lol.

Dave
« Last Edit: February 15, 2018, 04:46:32 PM by Dreeves »

Offline b.lindsey

• Global Moderator
  • Dallas, NC, USA
    • Workbench-Miniatures
« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2018, 05:32:31 PM »
 :lolb: Can't imagine who that would be Dave.

Bill

Offline kvom

« Reply #5 on: February 15, 2018, 07:35:51 PM »
Assuming you were previously a Enco customer, you get free shipping on orders over $49 plus a discount as well.  Living in the Atlanta area I get most orders next day although almost always late afternoon by U{S.  I also comparison shop McMaster; they also ship from nearby for next day but no free shipping (unless I want to drive 60 miles r/t for pickup).

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal