Author Topic: 20 cc Horizontal 2 Stroke Diesel  (Read 52323 times)

Offline Roger B

• Global Moderator
  • Switzerland
Re: 20 cc Horizontal 2 Stroke Diesel
« Reply #300 on: June 03, 2020, 06:03:48 PM »
I made up the fuel tank support which was actually quite fun as I was not working to sub mm tolerances, could happily blast 10mm holes through things  :) and use taps I was not scared of breaking  ::)
Best regards

Roger

Offline Roger B

• Global Moderator
  • Switzerland
« Reply #301 on: June 04, 2020, 07:58:07 PM »
Having assembled the tank I tried to prime the system with the new 10░ injector. No success  :( I worked my way back through the system and tried to check the pump for leakage with light machine oil, nothing  :headscratch: I measured the plunger and to the best of my measuring ability it had worn 3-5 microns. Using a new 1.98mm pin gauge In the pump body I couldn't build any pressure so that was also worn. I don't have a 1.99mm pin gauge to check with so I can't judge the wear but I need to get back to a known point with the pump before I can continue experimenting.
Best regards

Roger

Offline Roger B

• Global Moderator
  • Switzerland
« Reply #302 on: July 20, 2020, 07:29:14 PM »
I am starting to sort out how to fit the new fuel pump onto this engine. As I dismantled the old system I found that the cam follower bearing had failed again  ::) It seems that at least two of the balls had cracked in half  :headscratch: Maybe a solid follower on a bronze bush or a complete bronze follower will be better  :thinking:
Best regards

Roger

Offline Admiral_dk

• S°ften - Denmark
« Reply #303 on: July 20, 2020, 09:39:59 PM »
I suppose that you have "a shock load" from the way the pump work, on the bearing and axle ....

If this is the case, there are some very different bearing data that you need to peruse ...!

Another reason might be a slight angle that shouldn't be there ...?...

Per