Author Topic: Tiny triple expansion steam engine  (Read 2335 times)

Offline b.lindsey

• Global Moderator
  • Dallas, NC, USA
    • Workbench-Miniatures
Re: Tiny triple expansion steam engine
« Reply #45 on: October 08, 2019, 07:48:24 PM »
Great set up for doing those George. They certainly should be very nearly identical too.

Bill

Offline gbritnell

« Reply #46 on: October 08, 2019, 07:55:45 PM »
Some pictures of the valve straps, valve rods and clevises. The valve rods are threaded into the clevises with 0-80 thread. The valves will be located with 1-72 set screws.
Talent unshared is talent wasted.

Offline gbritnell

« Reply #47 on: October 15, 2019, 12:40:28 AM »
I finished the eccentrics then made the support brackets for the reverse shaft. I had the main bearings mounted with socket head screws which was only temporary so it was time to start making more hex head bolts, this time 1-72. I had started with the drawing for the Stuart compound launch engine but I see as I'm assembling parts that the valve straps are going to hit the crosshead support bracket. They shouldn't but they are so a little modification is in order.
Talent unshared is talent wasted.

Offline Admiral_dk

• S°ften - Denmark
« Reply #48 on: October 15, 2019, 11:14:20 AM »
Fantastic work George  :praise2:

I have been wondering for some time about what keeps the "bracket" a quarter up the "collums" on this side of the picture ...?... On Jo's much bigger version there are two small grub/set screws on the "inside" ....   :thinking:

Offline tghs

« Reply #49 on: October 15, 2019, 12:49:57 PM »
as in the next few months I'll be making 2 piece box links for my navy engine looking at your method gives me hope that I can do as well..
what the @#&% over