Author Topic: A fix for the shakes.  (Read 7311 times)

Offline Admiral_dk

• S°ften - Denmark
Re: A fix for the shakes.
« Reply #60 on: October 18, 2018, 09:37:20 PM »
I managed to  lose my 3D CAD work for the "Y" and "Z" axis fine adjustment that I did over the weekend.

Oh man I bet you felt like  :Mad:  :cussing: or even  :killcomputer:

This is absolutely not a nice feature of that software pack  :Doh:

Glad to hear that you have progress none the less  :ThumbsUp:

Offline ddmckee54

• We're having fun now --- or so I've been told.
« Reply #61 on: October 19, 2018, 09:57:37 PM »
Admiral_dk:

Pretty much all of the above.

However on a brighter note, the last time that I fired up DesignSpark I got a notice that the BETA version of 4.0 is available for download.  There must have been a couple of upgrades that I didn't pay any attention to since I'm running version 2.1.

I was reading through the release notes for ver. 4.0 and found out that one of the Core changes that was made was the generation of a recovery file.  Guess what I downloaded, all 1.1+ gigabytes of it.  I haven't extracted it yet since I haven't found out if version 2.1 and version 4.0 can exist at the same time.  I'd like to check out ver. 4.0 without overwriting or uninstalling ver. 2.1.  I'd REALLY rather not start burning the bridge behind me while I'm still on it, you know what I mean?

Don

Offline Admiral_dk

• S°ften - Denmark
« Reply #62 on: October 21, 2018, 08:14:22 PM »
You could try WMware vSphere Hypervisor (Christ, last time I used WMware was 5 years ago - one product - now it's galore), a free virtual computer running on your existing computer => whatever catastrophes you have there, will not influence the "real hardware / software"  ;)
That way you can run a test of the new version without actually installing it on the real computer and you will still have access to the real files - though you can't delete them (or as long as they are in protected mode).